Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Crystal Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Let’s sit back and play it Cagey - Lord knows we have such a wealth of experience at CB.

Basically we need to get someone to keep Jurgen locked up at home while the resident “expert” 19 takes control for the game.

He clearly knows everything. Literally everything... If only Klopp had listened to the lad - we would be celebrating our 20th.

Who said anything about playing it cagey Jon? Playing our normal attacking game maturely and responsibly to open them up and get the win is exactly what I expect we'll do, you're the one suggesting going gung ho from the outset when we don't need to and have had issues going gung ho unnecessarily this season as a reaction to something going wrong and then that being compounded by our having a knee jerk gung ho reaction
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I was kinda joking with ya 19 in a silly sarcastic way.

Erm... who mentioned going “gung ho”...? Oh yes - that would be you again. Wouldn’t it.

Not surprising really.

We most definitely don’t want that - we have a very one paced stand in CB and - a heart in mouth rookie in Rhys Williams!!!

If you are referring to my kitchen sink comment - then again you simply highlight your own inability to separate things. I suspect you know this though and are just a little hurt.

The comment was to skyebo and in direct reference to any risk association with playing Jota despite him being touch and go - for the last and most crucial game.

We need to win - and in recent months scoring has proved tough against stubborn defences - the more striking threat we can utilise the better. But I guess you would contest even this.

Poor fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Sorry - who mentioned going “gung ho”...? Oh yes - that would be you again. Wouldn’t it. : D

Not surprising really.

We most definitely don’t want that - we have a very one paced stand in CB and - a heart in mouth rookie in Rhys Williams!!!

If you are referring to my kitchen sink comment - then again you simply highlight your own inability to separate things. I suspect you know this though and are just a little hurt.

The comment was in direct reference to any risk association with playing Jota despite him being touch and go - for the last and most crucial game.

We need to win - and in recent months scoring has proved tough against stubborn defences - the more striking threat we can utilise the better.
    I did actually think you meant go gung ho with your throw the kitchen sink

Is bringing in a not fully fit forward to start who has 1 goal and no assists in his last 5 starts to replace a player who has 3 goals in his last 3 starts or a player who has 1 goals and 2 assists in his last 3 starts and who linked up brilliantly with Robertson to create our first 2 goals against a really stubborn defence last time out and replacing either of those two players who scored 3 goals between them the last time we played Palace, a goal a piece against them in the away win last season and a goal (Mane) in the home fixture against them last season and 3 goals between them (Mane 2) (Bobby 1) across both wins against them the season before, when they were a more stubborn defence including Wan Bissaka at RB, really throwing the kitchen sink at Palace?

Or is it taking players out of the team who are just finding much better form along with the rest of the team who have a really happy knack of scoring goals against Palace? Just as Bobby has a happy knack of scoring against Spurs
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Looks like Hodgson has a problem mustering a decent team for the game as quoted he feels he'll have to have a roll call before the game to see who's fit.
    He's at least 5 players down before the roll call according to Sky Sports which could run higher.
    Should be an interesting game unless of course could be a ploy by Roy borrowing the "crying towel"
    Last edited by fagin; 23rd May 2021 at 05:48 AM.

Ramping up the pressure. It’s a useful tactic. He will be desperate to take points of us.

@19 I think we want to have as potent an Arsenal as possible today - we need goals.

The front 3 can happily continue to recapture their form but there is no harm at all in having more firepower - today especially.

Not that I take the stats as gospel because they are not at all but

Bobby
    9 goals in 35 league games
    0 goals in 9 CL games

9 goals in 47 games - 3,282 mins played

Jota
    9 goals in 18 league games
    4 goals in 9 CL games

13 goals in 29 games - 1763 mins played

If he can make any kind of appearance today it definitely gives us more options.

Same team again for me. Good run of form. Bobby has been scoring again in our past few games and the front threesome seemed so much happier again in the last game.

By my calculations...
    If we win by a 1 goal margin then Leicester need to win by a 5 goal margin.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    By my calculations...
    According to the BBC

If Liverpool end the season with the same points total, equal goal difference and same goals scored as either Chelsea or Leicester, they would take the higher final position.

In head-to-head meetings with both of the two teams this term, the Reds won one and lost one - but, crucially, scored more away goals in each case.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    By my calculations...

Yep looks correct. Any kind of win should do it. I have to say though, after watching Spurs lose at home the other day, Vardy will be licking his lips.
    Last edited by Steveo; 23rd May 2021 at 01:00 PM.