View Poll Results: Player of the Season ?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alisson

1 5.56%
  • Trent

0 0%
  • Phillips

5 27.78%
  • Robbo

1 5.56%
  • Fab

0 0%
  • Gini

0 0%
  • Hendo

0 0%
  • Jota

0 0%
  • Firmino

1 5.56%
  • Mane

0 0%
  • Salah

10 55.56%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lfc Online Player of the Season ?

Phillips. He held a makeshift defence in place for six months with everyone except Houdini playing alongside him

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Phillips. He held a makeshift defence in place for six months with everyone except Houdini playing alongside him
    Think he was absent for a spell which may have coincided partially or even wholly with our run of 6 consecutive home defeats.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    As I stated on several occasions, Phillip's is a better Carragher, if he'd been at our club in Ged or Rafa's time, how we played with both managers, Carra wouldn't have ever played at CB, better in the air, better positionally, way better at heading in both boxes, better scoring and assisting ratio too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Salah, but Alisson and Phillips close behind

I can’t give it to Salah as I don’t think he was anywhere near his best.

Phillips on the other hand, was an absolute beast, playing absolutely to the top of his game every single time. He won several motm awards too in the process.

I went for Fabinho, obviously not a popular choice. I thought about Andy Robbo.Both of them fantastically consistent in a season where everything around them was changing and or falling apart. But Fab having to change several times between a carousel of a midfield and a revolving door of centre backs, I thought he was very reliable, several motm performances and guided a series of inexperienced centre back partners through very difficult times.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Salah for me, his goals were absolutely pivotal in keeping us in the hunt - 22 of them.

Several deserve plaudits though.

Phillips - came in and made the best of his skill-set against very difficult circumstances
    Thiago - has taken time to adjust, but having faced injury, Covid and the culture change, has grown into the season and shown what he is.
    Fabinho - was asked to step back into the central defence and whatever you might make of that call by Klopp, did his very best in a position which isn't his first pick and played his part.
    Alisson - not a lot needs said about that West Brom header as we have run out of superlatives, but he maintained a high performance level more often than not despite facing dreadful personal circumstances and hopefully the family culture around the squad and club will have been a comfort to him.
    Wijnaldum - touched on it in another thread I made this evening, but no "back issues" for this man - has been linked with leaving for basically the entirety of the season and has been a consummate professional. Even in games where he wasn't at his very best, nobody can accuse him of a lack of effort, or that his "head dropped" or any such nonsense.
    its so true.....but why do i feel that none of them really deserve player of the season? no one was spectacular but as a squad they battled thru

Has to be Salah

I was thinking about this a few days ago.
    No stand out player tbh.

But for the goals it HAS TO BE Salah.

Player of the season not the player of the last few months.

Short memories football fans.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I can’t give it to Salah as I don’t think he was anywhere near his best.

Phillips on the other hand, was an absolute beast, playing absolutely to the top of his game every single time. He won several motm awards too in the process.
    My feeling exactly.