Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: England squad to be announced this afternoon

whatsoever, English will never won anything with this line up. Prickford, Maguire and Stones are not good enough. Full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    whatsoever, English will never won anything with this line up. Prickford, Maguire and Stones are not good enough. Full stop.
    I agree, although, we managed to go unbeaten in our last 10 league games, winning most of them, with our 5th and 6th choice CBs who'd never played games at anywhere near the top level prior to their inclusion this season, so using the right system and players at his disposal, he could do well
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

All the people Sky have in, like Mills and Upson are clueless and have very little in depth knowledge about players performances. They just trot out tired old media created cliches

Mills on Trent "I don't think he's proved his defensive ability in the biggest games" then goes banging on about Walker, Walkers given away 3 penalties with really stupid fouls that showed a real lack of football intelligence in 3 big games this season, playing in a settled back line with this season's POTY at CB

Trent has given away none, playing in a back line that's been unsettled and chopped and changed all season, there was one awarded against him v the bitters, but everyone knows that wasn't a penalty, another example of failure to apply the laws of the game, under which, if the referee thought Trent was committing an offence, as he clearly didn't foul Calvert-Lewin, the only foul he could possibly award was an indirect free kick for obstruction

Trent's defensive, offensive and meaningful passing stats are ALL better than Walker's, Trippier's and James' this season, playing in a patched up never settled defence

And why do they prattle on about pace all the time, they're as bad as Jurgen with the Gomez/Matip scenario Firstly Trent is very quick, if not as quick as Walker he's only marginally slower by a fraction, if that, pressing is a huge element in the modern game, you need one of your full backs with the passing ability to release your players beyond the press, that's priceless and most other teams don't have that and he's the only English full back who has it.

I've seen James get done several times this season and make very poor decisions, Azpilicueta is Chelsea's No1 RWB and RCB in their 3, for that reason
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    Nope, not until we have a half decent manager too

Seems like we give anyone the job, bit like Eurovision in a way.