Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Manager Merry go round...

Don't do it Rafa - don't do the dirty

Might take points off United and Shitty…. but it isn’t ideal

I still think Nuno will get the job.

I think it’ll be fecking brilliant. No lose for us. If he’s good we can say told ye he was great and it took a Liverpool legend to sort their mess of a club out. If he’s shit we can sing his name as we stick 4 past them on their way down the league. Maybe he’ll even wave

I think its embarrassing and desperate. It will not end well so why take that job? He doesn't need the money.
    Why are the Everton board even entertaining the thought?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think its embarrassing and desperate. It will not end well so why take that job? He doesn't need the money.
    The man loves working and he would be close to Home. He's also "Continental" - attitudes about managing a rival / selling players between rivals are a bit different in much of the rest of Europe to England for example.

In England you wouldn't see many teams switch from Liverpool to Everton or Man United (or vice versa) whereas there have been something.like 26 transfers in the last 26 years between the two Milanese clubs.

Rafa may very well feel he and his wife have given enough to the city in terms of charitable deeds and so on that managing Everton isn't "that big a deal" in his mind, compared to what some supporters of the respective clubs might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The man loves working and he would be close to Home. He's also "Continental" - attitudes about managing a rival / selling players between rivals are a bit different in much of the rest of Europe to England for example.

In England you wouldn't see many teams switch from Liverpool to Everton or Man United (or vice versa) whereas there have been something.like 26 transfers in the last 26 years between the two Milanese clubs.

Rafa may very well feel he and his wife have given enough to the city in terms of charitable deeds and so on that managing Everton isn't "that big a deal" in his mind, compared to what some supporters of the respective clubs might think.
    It's not that big of a deal to some but it is to me. He doesn't need to do it.
    Its not quite the same as Owen playing for the filth but it still shouldn't be done in my opinion.
    Above everything else its doomed to fail if it happens and his stock tumbles further, He's continuously took the wrong jobs since he left LFC.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It's not that big of a deal to some but it is to me. He doesn't need to do it.
    Its not quite the same as Owen playing for the filth but it still shouldn't be done in my opinion.
    Above everything else its doomed to fail if it happens and his stock tumbles further, He's continuously took the wrong jobs since he left LFC.
    Not sure he gives a shit what our fan base or anyone else think of him tbh. Wouldn’t be surprised if he fancied 1 upping us after getting the sack that time. He’s a very angry single minded sort.

It wouldn't be long before he fell out with the owners, it's happened at most other clubs so Everton would be no different.

If he did go there. imagine the first press conference when hes asked about the small club quote.And other questions like his loyalty to LFC.Rafa wouldn't want to openly dis us and in the same action not want to belittle the bitters.
    So watch this space
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century