Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 691011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Manager Merry go round...

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree Steveo, I don't hold it against him. I'm just disappointed he's taken it because of what it will be like.
    Yep it will probably go tits up..

I hope not though. I will always love Rafa - he’s Liverpool through and through - a real legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We can forgive him surely? He did so much for us and the Hillsborough families fight for Justice… Let him manage Everton - take points off all our rivals and maybe even let us have a few players on the cheap too…

There is always the danger that he becomes ‘Our Man In Havana’
    The things he has done for this club off the pitch makes him untouchable in my opinion. What he achieved on the pitch is just the cherry on the cake.

I'm pleased to see that Everton fans are slowly starting to fall in line behind him. He deserves respect and time.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Rafa went above and beyond in support of Rhys Jones family as well as Hillsborough. He's a good man. A bit mental though! Hope he does well, he's better than some of their fans deserve

i love Rafa, ......and always will for what he did for this club - especially through some of our darkest times.

But,....does this mean he's now the manager of a small time club (based on his own words).

I joke, of course, but seriously though, I do fear for him.

Those shites and a shower of shite of a fanbase are a right bunch of cunts and they'll tear him apart.
    Not just for what he said about them and the fact that he'll always have a greater connection and bond with us, but for every slight misstep, wrong team selection, wrong words used in a post-game presser,.....

They're the cuntiest of bell end knobhead fans as any club can ever get.

And no, I'm not going to hold it against him that he chose to take this job.
    Just don't do too good a job of it.
    Get that coin, get them demoted and then get a better gig elsewhere.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 30th June 2021 at 07:08 PM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep it will probably go tits up..

I hope not though. I will always love Rafa - he’s Liverpool through and through - a real legend.
    Here's a question, if he does well at everton and proves he's still a bit of a master tactician he once was, would u have him.back assuming jurgen does go in 2'3 yrs
    Assuming SG isnt ready to step up by that time.

Rafa will always be remembered well but in some ways I wouldn’t count him among the top tier managers anymore in football. Sort of like Maureen in that I think his best days are gone and tactics have changed. He has bounced around quite a bit other than the Newcastle stint since leaving. I’d give Stevie the chance eventually before I’d say go with a reboot Benitez. This won’t end well at Goodison, significant minority of fans already want his head and just wait until a losing streak happens.

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    Here's a question, if he does well at everton and proves he's still a bit of a master tactician he once was, would u have him.back assuming jurgen does go in 2'3 yrs
    Assuming SG isnt ready to step up by that time.
    I guess so - why not. He is Rafa and has has mucho dinero in the bank with us.

What a daft decision by Rafa, millions of pounds aside, it's a fall from grace.
    To join a small club like Everton, for shame.

I'm guessing Rafa is the first former LFC manager to become Everton manager.

We nicked their home ground - all is fair in a love and war..

Why, Rafa, why?!