Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Manager Merry go round...

He wouldn't...........right, guys?

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2021/06/01/everton-consider-appointing-steven-gerrard-as-carlo-ancelotti-replacement/

Right?

Please tell me he would just laugh them out of the room.

Guys?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I was surprised to learn earlier that he was sacked from Wolves I thought it was him who resigned.
    I guess something happened behind the scenes

god knows why he'd go from wolves to palace, or not go for the everton job.

The bitters should offer big gob Carra the job, he's a bitter, loves the club and thinks he knows better than all the best managers going
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Everton should sign Rooney as player manager

Personally I think its a shithouse move from Ancellotti. Hes going back to a club who treat managers with total contempt. They are never valued no matter what they achieve there, dispensed with at will by owners and fans. They are the absolute epitome of shithouse and I've never understood the attraction of that club. It lacks class in every aspect of its existence. They are a horrid club.
    As much as we hate the bitters he would have been loved forevermore by them had he stayed and atleast got something going. Yes there is other factors, home life etc but if he always had the intention of naffing off as soon as the next best offer came in he shouldn't have taken the position.

Look at the teams hes managed all the top teams.another Pep in that way. he was on a reported 14 million a year at the bitters.. so explains why he chose that club.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    As much as we hate the bitters he would have been loved forevermore by them had he stayed and at least got something going.
    Don't dispute this at all. For a man who had won the European Cup though I imagine the motivation to finish 4th once/twice in say 5 years and maybe win a League Cup or FA Cup as well is not the most motivating, especially after a career like his.

Also in terms of age there are limited opportunities now - he isn't a 40-year old coach anymore.

Real Madrid stink mind. Would have so loved to have knocked them out of Europe this season.

This is akin to moving from a council house to a stately home.
    Good luck to the man.....
    And whoever Everton appoint next, I hope he takes them down, they won't be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    And whoever Everton appoint next, I hope he takes them down, they won't be missed.
    Isn't Eddie Howe a boyhood Everton fan?

Could envisage that being an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The bitters should offer big gob Carra the job, he's a bitter, loves the club and thinks he knows better than all the best managers going
    Carragher's top tip is Rafa Benitez, with Balague saying "I know for a fact he would take it"