Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Manager Merry go round...

Lets hope Howe plays open football like he did at Bournemouth the bitters will be down the swanny .Thats if he gets the job.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Ancelotti's points per game was 1.53 (43% wins), just overtaking David Moyes 1.50 (42% wins)

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Personally I think its a shithouse move from Ancellotti. Hes going back to a club who treat managers with total contempt. They are never valued no matter what they achieve there, dispensed with at will by owners and fans. They are the absolute epitome of shithouse and I've never understood the attraction of that club. It lacks class in every aspect of its existence. They are a horrid club.
    As much as we hate the bitters he would have been loved forevermore by them had he stayed and atleast got something going. Yes there is other factors, home life etc but if he always had the intention of naffing off as soon as the next best offer came in he shouldn't have taken the position.
    Still probably the funniest thing to happen this year though.

Chelsea have been the Real Madrid of the Premier league for years. Sacking successful managers at will, they have no class either. Something must have happened behind the scenes for Ancelotti to quit, I'm more surprised at that, than I am over him returning to Madrid.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Chelsea have been the Real Madrid of the Premier league for years. Sacking successful managers at will, they have no class either. Something must have happened behind the scenes for Ancelotti to quit, I'm more surprised at that, than I am over him returning to Madrid.
    And what have they won eh..? Ahem..

Not sure anything would have happened tbh. Think the lure of the big Spanish clubs is far greater than many born in the British Isles realise.

We tend to think we are the centre of the earth - possibly a legacy of empire - but we really aren't. The biggest lure to come to the premier league is the salary. The football, climate, food and general quality of life is far better in Spain or Italy for a footballer let alone a football manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And what have they won eh..? Ahem..

Not sure anything would have happened tbh. Think the lure of the big Spanish clubs is far greater than many born in the British Isles realise.

We tend to think we are the centre of the earth - possibly a legacy of empire - but we really aren't. The biggest lure to come to the premier league is the salary. The football, climate, food and general quality of life is far better in Spain or Italy for a footballer let alone a football manager.
    Something may not have happened you could be right, I was still shocked at him leaving. It's not as though the Madrid job won't want someone else in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Personally I think its a shithouse move from Ancellotti. Hes going back to a club who treat managers with total contempt. They are never valued no matter what they achieve there, dispensed with at will by owners and fans. They are the absolute epitome of shithouse and I've never understood the attraction of that club. It lacks class in every aspect of its existence. They are a horrid club.
    As much as we hate the bitters he would have been loved forevermore by them had he stayed and atleast got something going. Yes there is other factors, home life etc but if he always had the intention of naffing off as soon as the next best offer came in he shouldn't have taken the position.
    As I said in another thread, the guy’s a mercenary. No ambition whatsoever, just interested in the pay cheque.

Rafa still lives in the area and would do a good job. Not sure how I’d feel about it. The Everton owner really wants a big name and will pay whatever it takes.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Yep - Rafa makes all kinds of sense. Would be great to see him working back in Liverpool BUT as manager of the bitters??

Hmm - as long as he facilitates 6 points for us and makes sure his players don’t try to break our legs ( a tough ask as BS manager ) - I am all for it

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    As I said in another thread, the guy’s a mercenary. No ambition whatsoever, just interested in the pay cheque.

Rafa still lives in the area and would do a good job. Not sure how I’d feel about it. The Everton owner really wants a big name and will pay whatever it takes.
    Considering he has no ambition, he's one of only 3 managers to have won 3 CL titles.

Nuno now apparently in talks with Everton, makes more sense than palace Nuno.

Also conte in talks with spurs, but apparently so is poch and half the world