Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Manager Merry go round...

I dont know why Tottenham didn't go for him.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I dont know why Tottenham didn't go for him.
    Who?

Rafa…. But he managed Chelski so doubtful he would want to even if silly money was on offer.

Yes Rafa

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Rafa…. But he managed Chelski so doubtful he would want to even if silly money was on offer.
    But he’d manage Everton? I don’t think he’d bat an eyelid going to either. He wouldn’t last 6 months at Everton unless they absolutely got off to a flier with him.

I think its obvious why Levy never considered Rafa its the same reason Conte turned them down.Levy is not gonna give them any money.. And i can't see Kane leaving. There is no club on earth gonna buy him for 130 million when hes 28 . You may as well pay another 30 million more and get Haaland

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    But he’d manage Everton? I don’t think he’d bat an eyelid going to either. He wouldn’t last 6 months at Everton unless they absolutely got off to a flier with him.

I have no idea if he would manage Everton.

2 things though - Spurs and Chelsea is nothing like us and the BS and Rafa has a home on Merseyside no?

The friendly Derby is pretty much a thing of the past but there is no deep rooted hatred between the clubs like with Spurs and Chelsea, regardless of what anyone says on here.

That said - Rafa doesn’t have much of a rapport with the Rent Boys so probably not a big issue.

Just don’t see him going there tbh, but you never know.
    Last edited by Steveo; 10th June 2021 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I have no idea if he would manage Everton.

2 things though - Spurs and Chelsea is nothing like us and the BS and Rafa has a home on Merseyside no?

The friendly Derby is pretty much a thing of the past but there is no deep rooted hatred between the clubs like with Spurs and Chelsea, regardless of what anyone says on here.

That said - Rafa doesn’t have much of a rapport with the Rent Boys so probably not a big issue.

Just don’t see him going there tbh, but you never know.
    There’s some deep hatred alright. But it’s pretty much all one sided. They pretty much blame us for everything bad that has happened to them since heysel I reckon. Bunch of conspiracy weirdo types. To be honest if they are to come back at all to the big time it’s going to have to be something special to do it. Maybe a legend manager from the red side of the divide against all possible odds could be the man for it.

Chelsea fans never took to him, probably still bitter over the 05 CL result. He was only ever keeping the seat warm for Mourinho' s return, which we all knew anyway.

Absolutely - managed to win the Europa league and got zero credit amount their cretinous following.