Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CL Predictions - The Final

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Chelsea are not a threat they are miles ahead of us. In case you hadnt noticed. Look at what they have won since Roman arrived..

One could argue that we would still be waiting on any significant silverware but for Romans exile too.

Spurs are a huge threat to us because they have their sights set on Chelsea. Pre Klopp and likely after Klopp they will likely be ahead of us too.

Deleted by mistake..
    No, no they won’t.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    No, no they won’t.
    Says you and I hope you are right but would bet you are not

Oh behave - are you taking a snapshot of a few years.? Same few years Roman was all but having to sell Chelski?

Come on people enough.. We have done brilliant but needed 3 things to align. Chelsea with FFP player ban - Chelsea with owner all but exiled and forced to sell, City with FFP investigation...
    It almost sounds like Chelseas success, city's too is due to their breaching the rules.

If it wasnt for your romance with Roman & Mansours perhaps you might call that corruption.

The old exiled and forced to sell never really materialised, probably just his angsty fanboys who were freaking out

I hate the Mansours and everything they stand for you complete tit - I MUCH prefer Roman though to your pathetic turd of an uncle

Pretty small timescale mate considering NESV/FSG bought us in 2010 and Chelsea have still managed more in the 5 years since Klopp took over.
    Not a small timescale at all.
    And no way Chelsea are streets ahead of us at present. Still playing catch-up IMO.
    And though I quite like Roman's love for the game I would not like us to be under any kind of ownership like that.
    Always in a cycle of dropoff of form and changing managers and players. No thanks.

times change, but teams not even in the top half shouldn't be spending more than us over a 5 year period

we're not a small club, and have generated enough money imo

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Not a small timescale at all.
    And no way Chelsea are streets ahead of us at present. Still playing catch-up IMO.
    And though I quite like Roman's love for the game I would not like us to be under any kind of ownership like that.
    Always in a cycle of dropoff of form and changing managers and players. No thanks.

Chelsea are miles ahead in terms of where they have been as a club on Romans watch.

Wasn’t saying they were ahead of us right now in this snapshot because they ain’t.

Was answering eggy about Spurs being a threat. He asked if Chelsea were as much so as Spurs...
    Last edited by Steveo; 30th May 2021 at 03:08 PM.

Roman never made Chelsea Premier League, Chanpions League, Super Cup and World Club Champions all at the same time.

We are not “miles behind” a team we have finished above in the league for the last 3 seasons, 2 of them massively ahead of them. We reached 3 consecutive European Finals.

No one is “miles ahead of us” Steveo. No one.

You are Adrian Durham and I claim my £5

Naahhh

What have Chelsea won in the last 15 years?

What have we won?

We are miles behind on that scale.. sorry to point it out but it’s a fact

They may have one more over 15 years but right now, they are not miles ahead of us.