Page 95 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4585888990919293949596979899100101102105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

Germany v England will be an intriguing one.

Germany haven't been at anything like their best, but we know what they're like when it comes to digging in until the final whistle - bailed themselves out of their hole twice tonight against Hungary.

I can imagine England fans thinking this version of Germany is there for the taking, but they'd do well to remember that England have only scored twice in this tournament, which is hardly scintillating.

Holland must look at their side of the draw and fancy their chances of going far. The other side is stacked with the better sides you'd say, comparatively speaking.

They're coming home, they're coming England's coming home.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Germany v England will be an intriguing one.

Germany haven't been at anything like their best, but we know what they're like when it comes to digging in until the final whistle - bailed themselves out of their hole twice tonight against Hungary.

I can imagine England fans thinking this version of Germany is there for the taking, but they'd do well to remember that England have only scored twice in this tournament, which is hardly scintillating.

Holland must look at their side of the draw and fancy their chances of going far. The other side is stacked with the better sides you'd say, comparatively speaking.
    Agree. They always have the sign over us and despite not playing well they have way more quality than Englesi.
    Holland look good but haven't really been tested yet. Might come unstuck against a big gun.

Belgium still look the team to beat to me.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Belgium still look the team to beat to me.
    Not me personally, think when they're against a team with a good midfield & attack they have issues

Not really rate the back line.

No outstanding team in this tournament, just think they have enough to win it. If I was putting a bet on, that’s where my 50p would go.

I think Italy.

The atmosphere at the grounds that's been full has been amazing. Especially the Denmark games were the crowd carried the team into the next round.
    I can't wait to be in a full Anfield again.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I think Italy.
    There's a consistency to their performance levels that looks good on paper.

They're not going to reach the semi-final and blow France or Spain away 4-0 but you can picture them getting through wars of attrition.

The belief instilled from their run of clean sheets/lack of defeats must be huge. Would be very intriguing to see how they'd cope with going 1-0 down in the 70th minute of a match or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The atmosphere at the grounds that's been full has been amazing. Especially the Denmark games were the crowd carried the team into the next round.
    I can't wait to be in a full Anfield again.
    Isn't it absolutely mental that in the UK you cant have a dance floor at a wedding but 60k Fred perry wearing, carling slurpers are going to be at Wembley. Can't have a face to face doctors appointment either.
    The rules are so contradictory.