Page 50 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4043444546474849505152535455565760100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Where has Malen been playing for his club ?
    PSV - and perhaps more significantly, apparently plays in such a way that he could be likened to Firmino.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Yeeeeaaaaaah now Gravenberch is on too, sign him up Jurgen
    I know if I broke it down, some folks would not like my "box-ticking" way of looking at transfers, but Gravenberch would sincerely be my top (midfield) target right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    PSV - and perhaps more significantly, apparently plays in such a way that he could be likened to Firmino.
    Looks like he's our man, strong rumours Daka is set to join Leicester, personally, with the age of our forwards and the Afcon commitments they have I think we should or should have been looking to sign Malen and Daka 40m for the pair, then get the 2 CMs in

If Edwards and FSG don't get their heads out of their arses we're going to be back to scrapping for top four or worse with the business other clubs are looking to do, it's partly Jurgen's fault, if he'd been as ruthless as you need to be to stay at the top he'd have moved Origi and Shaq on in the summer following the Champions League win when their stock was a high as it will ever be and Keita would have been on the list before the current window opened
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I know if I broke it down, some folks would not like my "box-ticking" way of looking at transfers, but Gravenberch would sincerely be my top (midfield) target right now.
    My box ticking is probably similar, do they fit how we play, do they have the ability in all the areas we need them to have that are ideal for us and greater abilities in some areas and the potential to be even better than what we have or have had in their position? If the answers yes, then I want them - I simply don't understand the Tielemans links, he doesn't tick a single box, none, never a Klopp Liverpool player

I simply don't understand the Tielemans links, he doesn't tick a single box, none, never a Klopp Liverpool player
    Largely not in a mad rush to get him here, much as I have a soft spot for players with good injury records.

You guys do realise painting by numbers makes for very very bad art.

Surely we need to get a foil for Thiago?

Then take it from there

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Then take it from there
    I see your post and I say Baumgartner.

I see your post and I say Baumgartner.

Very good Sid.

He could be an answer too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Then take it from there
    Lol Just lol so when we signed Virgil, for how Jurgen wanted our CBs to play, we didn't look to see if he had all the attributes and abilities Jurgen was looking for in players to play at CB? You don't half talk some shite at time, that's what scouting is Steveo, that's their job, to identify players who fit and have the attributes the manager wants to operate in a certain system and how he wants to play.

You love ballers, but a lot of ballers don't have the work rate, the pressing and counter pressing skills and may well not be suitable in other ways for how we play, a player can have the best stats in the world, look like a 50 million player in another team who play very differently from how we do and however good he might be in another team, simply isn't what we need

'Foil for Thiago' , he is an exceptional player, but only found form by playing the passes Hendo did in 19-20 only not as well, to much whip, too flighty, to difficult to get under control from the top spin he frequently put on them too much of the time as opposed to backspin, you just get all warm and fuzzy because his technique makes them look sexier, I focus on the efficiency of them and his Hendo passing was not surprisingly, not as good as Hendo's. Maybe learn to focus not on whether a players technique gets you aroused, but whether or not it actually fulfils it's required purpose as efficiently as it should do

Lol Just lol so when we signed Virgil, for how Jurgen wanted our CBs to play, we didn't look to see if he had all the attributes and abilities Jurgen was looking for in players to play at CB? You don't half talk some shite at time, that's what scouting is Steveo, that's their job, to identify players who fit and have the attributes the manager wants to operate in a certain system and how he wants to play.

You love ballers, but a lot of ballers don't have the work rate, the pressing and counter pressing skills and may well not be suitable in other ways for how we play, a player can have the best stats in the world, look like a 50 million player in another team who play very differently from how we do and however good he might be in another team, simply isn't what we need

'Foil for Thiago' , he is an exceptional player, but only found form by playing the passes Hendo did in 19-20 only not as well, to much whip, too flighty, to difficult to get under control from the top spin he frequently put on them too much of the time as opposed to backspin, you just get all warm and fuzzy because his technique makes them look sexier, I focus on the efficiency of them and his Hendo passing was not surprisingly, not as good as Hendo's. Maybe learn to focus not on whether a players technique gets you aroused, but whether or not it actually fulfils it's required purpose as efficiently as it should do
    We might be looking to change though. What won us the title at a canter the other year may not do it now. Especially as our main men up front are getting older every year. All our best players are getting on really bar the full backs.