Page 141 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4191131134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2480

Thread: Euro 2020

Last 10 mins now and both sides finally starting to look a little tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It's how France bored their way to winning the World Cup, set pieces and longer balls to release their quality quick forwards in behind or one v one v defenders, you'd expect Belgium to progress further and they'd be the biggest threat, but if Southgate could organise a pressing game to nullify their midfield and then release players against the very average CBs of Belgium who the forwards England have regularly bum in the the Premier League because they're not very good defenders, he could bum Belgium
    He needs to ditch Rice and Phillips together for sure. Theres not enough creativity there, Hendo should be starting. I wonder if it's a fitness issue?
    You'd expect him to have started today. Big game experience, been in the knock outs before at international level. It was a no brainer.
    Kane shouldn't be starting either, he's a 5th wheel at the moment but there's no chance he'll ever be dropped.
    He'll go with the 11 that started today.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Booooof
    Haha. Never gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    As Alan would say "striiiiiker!"
    Alan Shearer? best striker for any player to study to develop their technique of passing and finishing

The basics of standing foot next to the ball, hand over the ball, if you just do those 2 things and relentlessly practice striking a ball and passing it in numerous different ways, it can become very refined, how your arms balance you, how your arm begins to point in the direction you want to direct a shot or pass through that technique, to the point the arms positioning automatically position your body correctly and you're always hitting the ball with good technique and it is the foot position on striking the ball that alters for different elevation and spin without ever being off balance or leaning back
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Forsberg unlucky but booked - does that mean he misses next match?

Good late block by Ukraine - good chance for Sweden that

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    He needs to ditch Rice and Phillips together for sure. Theres not enough creativity there, Hendo should be starting. I wonder if it's a fitness issue?
    You'd expect him to have started today. Big game experience, been in the knock outs before at international level. It was a no brainer.
    Kane shouldn't be starting either, he's a 5th wheel at the moment but there's no chance he'll ever be dropped.
    He'll go with the 11 that started today.
    Not sure he will, think he'll likely revert to a back four with Walker at RB as more of a third CB for the most part with Shaw getting forward more and start Grealish left forward and Sterling right forward, sadly, likely in a 4231 rather than a 433 though

FT 1-1
    Extra time coming

Extra time, happy days for Southgate

"After the Lord Mayor's show after England"? Did I really just hear that on commentary? England were not at all good today, Germany were worse. England took their only 2 real chances, which didn't come from constructive controlled possession or a pre orchestrated plan to release players in a certain way and Germany missed their chances

Horror of a tackle there and the Swede is off… Accidental but totally wreck less… Horrible