Page 181 of 248 FirstFirst ... 81131171174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188191231 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2480

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Go you for a walk and think about what you've just said !!
    Spain’s game much more difficult for England. Maybe the Danes will do the unthinkable

What price it’s a Spanish ref in the final ?

Great game that really enjoyed it, think if they can get past Denmark then England will have more of a chance v Italy than they would have had v Spain

Really important lesson for Achtenberg and Alisson to learn on penalties there tonight, Alisson has absolutely incredibly reflexes, he is exceptional at reading players body language and positioning, Achtenberg needs to get him to stop guessing and diving early and just try and save each next penalty reading the players body shape and position as he strikes the ball, you usually always get a couple who are readable and take a poor penalty, absolutely no point in guessing and going early for a player with Alisson's incredible attributes
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Great game that really enjoyed it, think if they can get past Denmark then England will have more of a chance v Italy than they would have had v Spain

Really important lesson for Achtenberg and Alisson to learn on penalties there tonight, Alisson has absolutely incredibly reflexes, he is exceptional at reading players body language and positioning, Achtenberg needs to get him to stop guessing and diving early and just try and save each next penalty reading the players body shape and position as he strikes the ball, you usually always get a couple who are readable and take a poor penalty, absolutely no point in guessing and going early for a player with Alisson's incredible attributes
    Agree with England's chances against Italy (subject to the obvious). Italy look knackered at the end and couldn't deal with the press with no "out" ball and rash keeper. I think we can bully them and keep possession but it won't be a walk in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Having watched Pedri for the first time tonight, in a Euros semi final, no way are Barcelona letting him go, for any price. £1bn in debt or not.
    Messi, Pedri and Fati won't be for sale. Anyone else will be available at the right price.

Should have sold Messi when they had the chance but there's a thread for that so I won't prattle on.

Well done Italy!

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    Agree with England's chances against Italy (subject to the obvious). Italy look knackered at the end and couldn't deal with the press with no "out" ball and rash keeper. I think we can bully them and keep possession but it won't be a walk in the park.
    Yeah, but England don't have a good press, don't have CMs that Southgate plays who can play penetrating forward balls to release the wide inside forwards and have the experience and intelligence to keep the ball very well and whilst they do have Kane who can drop off their 2 CBs, receive the ball in midfield and make the play, Southgate doesn't use him like that

If England beat Denmark and were going into the final playing a 433 with Kane dropping off as he does for Spurs and Hendo at No6 looking to release the inside/wide forwards and Shaw and the 2 inside/wide forwards were Sterling and Sancho who you know will be starting their runs in behind as soon as they see the ball going to Hendo in the space and positions he plays them from, I'd be very confident they could get the win, but that isn't how Southgate will approach it

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Messi, Pedri and Fati won't be for sale. Anyone else will be available at the right price.

Should have sold Messi when they had the chance but there's a thread for that so I won't prattle on.

Well done Italy!
    I always thought they should have sold messi because of the gigantic contract he has them held to until I heard today that he accounts for almost 75% of their commercial income. Heard it on a radio talk show earlier today. Could that possibly be true?

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Regardless of his age, Chiellini looks like a great bloke to have in the dressing room. I wouldn’t be disappointed to see him lift the trophy on Sunday.
    Class act.

What do people think of the format of this competition? Multiple countries/venues that suit some of the teams but not others.
    Look at how many home games England have ended up with.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Regardless of his age, Chiellini looks like a great bloke to have in the dressing room. I wouldn’t be disappointed to see him lift the trophy on Sunday.
    Needs to remove the idea from his head that he's a ball playing centre back pretty sharpish mind, he's absolutely woeful, even Fat head Maguire's better at playing attempted long balls from the back than Chiellini