Page 20 of 248 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920212223242526273070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

Nice goal Lainer

Pretty funny macedonia seem the better team at times

Boo 2-1 austria

Well, that was actually better than expected from England, was more 433 for me, Mount playing the more attacking midfield role was actually an interesting take on how we play our 433 because it was almost a free role where he could roam where he liked and I thought he did really well in his positioning and how he manouvered around to support the inside forwards and Kane without getting in any of their ways or space, that was a massive improvement today.

Phillips was really good, good pressing, good tackling and good distribution, he does lack the medium to longer direct balls to release the inside forwards though

Walker was comfortably England's worst player, just thought he was awful, out of position a few times defensively as he frequently is but uses his pace to recover, but when that happens against better players, is when his side get punished or he makes one of his rash decisions and gives away pens and going forward, he was absolutely abysmal, just woeful

Kane was dropping off as expected looking to make the play then get into the box and the 3 or 4 times he found Foden doing that and was heading into the box and Foden went back to Walker, he just had absolutely nothing, nothing offensively in the way of quality delivery and nothing in the way of intelligent running with the ball to move defenders to release Foden

Second worst for me was Rice, solid enough, sometimes out of position, but if England have any aspirations of progressing in the Euros they need the controller to be able to pass the ball and look to release the inside forwards, Rice just passed sideways or backwards when there were balls on to the inside forwards constantly, England really need Hendo in that role

At RB they should play James or Trippier, Trent is comfortably England's best right back by a mile, better at defending than most give him credit for and had better defensive stats than all the others this season, but he'd have probably notched up 2 assists from the positions Walker got to put the ball in today. Stones also had to come out very wide 3 or 4 times to cover Walker's poor positioning. Walker at RB is like Gomez at CB, vastly overrated because he has recovery pace
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Really no idea how Danny Blind gets in the Holland first team and Schuurs isn't even in the squad, Schuurs is much better than Blind and De Ligt

Ukraine should score and fail to get a single shot off after 3 opportunities in the same move then the Dutch break and Depay does very well.

Would have loved us to go for him

Looks a proper game this

This is going to be a cracker between Ukraine and Holland.

Great lay from wij. Dumfries had his shot blocked by the keeper. Should have scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Ukraine should score and fail to get a single shot off after 3 opportunities in the same move then the Dutch break and Depay does very well.

Would have loved us to go for him

Looks a proper game this
    Looks a both teams to score cert

Holland's defence looks an absolute joke

Looks like Gini picked up the no look from Thiago Nice

Wow. Wij in the box n every attack. Surprisingly we never used him in this sort of a role.

Not consistently anyway.