Page 204 of 248 FirstFirst ... 104154194197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211214 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2480

Thread: Euro 2020

I've less reason than most to want England to do well (immigrant father/ mixed-race/ 80's Toxteth up-bringing) but I do want them to win it. Despite my experiences in England (and Liverpool in the 70s and 80s), I want the best for this country because I know there are some good folk.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Just watched the game, that sucked. About what I expected from Kane and Sterling. Denmark deserved to get to pens.
    My elderly mother and father actually watched it, they don't normally and my mother (Aged 78) in particular was absolutely appalled and disgusted at England's antics throughout the game "I'm glad England are in the final, but can they not play the game, is throwing themselves on the floor the only thing they're good at" were her post match comments
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    My elderly mother and father actually watched it, they don't normally and my mother (Aged 78) in particular was absolutely appalled and disgusted at England's antics throughout the game "I'm glad England are in the final, but can they not play the game, is throwing themselves on the floor the only thing they're good at" were her post match comments
    with the greatest respect - we've learned from the best diving, cheating nations in the world. The main issue is that most Brits believe in sportsmanship as opposed to "gamesmanship". To most other nations the "game" includes almost anything - diving, cheating, hand-of-God. That's why lots of Brits get annoyed with the Italians, Spanish etc, we've a different philosophy and appreciation of sport/game. If we've developed more gamemanship - good on them.

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    I've less reason than most to want England to do well (immigrant father/ mixed-race/ 80's Toxteth up-bringing) but I do want them to win it. Despite my experiences in England (and Liverpool in the 70s and 80s), I want the best for this country because I know there are some good folk.
    If you call being the epitome of Einsteins "There will come a time when the rich and powerful will control all forms of communication and at that time common man will no longer be capable of making an informed decision" quote 'good folk' who are so easily manipulated through being mind numbingly thick, lazy or not giving a toss as they're so desperately self absorbed, self serving, self interested and completely sold on the 'I'm alright Jack fuck you' mantra instilled in the 80's by the Tories that is

For the sake of balance, I didn’t think it was a free kick for the Denmark goal.

I enjoy the World Cup because of the mix of cultures, but generally I’ve never been into international football. I’ve got no problem with England being in the final, but I’m really not arsed if they win or lose. I’m more interested in having the likes of Henderson fit for preseason.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

I couldn't give a fuck about the vast majority of people in this God forsaken country, because they don't give a fuck about anyone else but themselves and through their thickness, laziness and/or self serving nature they have allowed every element of decency, honesty, compassion, integrity and humanity this nation briefly had between the 50's to the late 70's to be completely and utterly destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    it's coming home
    Called it lads just saying.

Also we're winning the top 4 Cup next season with fsgs ambition

Let the jizzfest commence....

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    If you call being the epitome of Einsteins "There will come a time when the rich and powerful will control all forms of communication and at that time common man will no longer be capable of making an informed decision" quote 'good folk' who are so easily manipulated through being mind numbingly thick, lazy or not giving a toss as they're so desperately self absorbed, self serving, self interested and completely sold on the 'I'm alright Jack fuck you' mantra instilled in the 80's by the Tories that is
    Einstein's "Theory of happiness" was not what I was referring to... and it's not like he was particularly successful in his own household.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I’m more interested in having the likes of Henderson fit for preseason.
    And Edwards and FSG getting their fucking fingers out of their arses and getting in the 2 midfielders and additional forward we need for the start of pre=season training as Jurgen requested

They need to realise they have an absolutely world class gem of a manager who has worked miracles for us and them on the miniscule finances they have afforded him and that they only have another 3 seasons of him and they will NOT get another manager of that quality very easily at all, if at all and desperately need to make hay while the sun shines