Page 205 of 248 FirstFirst ... 105155195198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212215 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2480

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'm concerned about that midfield. It shouldn't have got this far without Hendo but it has and thats why it'll start. I'd love to see Hendo score the winner, that would be almost up there alongside our best for me.
    Better still, Kane gets clattered gets rushed off to hospital as a precaution, Henderson takes the captains arm band, England
    win, Henderson gets to lift the trophy. That should make it 5 in 3 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    Better still, Kane gets clattered gets rushed off to hospital as a precaution, Henderson takes the captains arm band, England
    win, Henderson gets to lift the trophy. That should make it 5 in 3 yrs.
    Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah NOW you're fucking talking, Hendo, Premier League, Champions League, WCC and European Super Cup integral winning captain should, but for our clown fucking media, have been England Captain ahead of that twat who isn't even the leader at his own club despite having the arm band all day fucking long

Unfortunately as stated earlier, it won't happen as Southgate will persist with the woefully inadequate and inexperienced pairing of Rice and Phillips even after their headless chicken routine and being completely outclassed for 100 minutes against the might and experience of those incredible big game, Champions League regular leading lights players Delaney. Hojbjerg, Damgaard, Dolberg and Braithwaite tonight against Barella, Veratti, Jorginho, Insigne and Chiesa on Sunday
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

When asked about the penalty Sterling said after the match: “I went into the box and he (Maehle) stuck his leg out and touched my leg, so it was a clear penalty.”

Says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    When asked about the penalty Sterling said after the match: “I went into the box and he (Maehle) stuck his leg out and touched my leg, so it was a clear penalty.”

Says it all.
    It does, horrible way to win a semi final even though England were the better team

They will be in good company in the final with the Italians the masters of the dark arts.

Just watching the aftermath on the news. I couldn't think of anywhere worse to be than one of those fan parks.
    Full of the absolute morons who me and Steveo alluded to earlier in the week. People throwing beer? What's the point in that, I've never understood it. Women who've never watched a game in their life and probably don't give a flying fuck win or lose but its just an excuse to down a bottle of Lambrini and paint your face.
    Dickheads in London standing on top of buses.
    Englesi's generally making cunts of themselves.

That's why there's a disconnect.
    I want the team to do well, I'm not a patriotic person at all, I hate the "we won the war" nonsense but I would love to see England win a major football tournament. I enjoyed the last world cup and the London 2012 Olympics, both were tremendous festivals that get people involved and excited and thats a great thing to bring people together in the right spirit.

I won't be going near a pub on Sunday though, don't want to be surrounded by shitheads getting absolutely hammered. I'll watch it with family and hopefully enjoy it fully.
    Last edited by teesred; 8th July 2021 at 07:25 AM.

@19, can’t disagree with any of the below. Genuinely wasn’t bothered whether England won or lost last night.

“I couldn't give a fuck about the vast majority of people in this God forsaken country, because they don't give a fuck about anyone else but themselves and through their thickness, laziness and/or self serving nature they have allowed every element of decency, honesty, compassion, integrity and humanity this nation briefly had between the 50's to the late 70's to be completely and utterly destroyed.”

As far as a footballing level is concerned, England were absolute trash. Southgate will be lauded as some sort of messiah and yet he is utterly clueless at how to get a tune out of a decent squad of reasonably talented players. Denmark with their limited resources kept the ball better and played by far the better football up to extra time as their shallow squad depth started to tell.

It’s not hard to understand why that boring fuckwit Southgate keeps by far England’s best midfielder on the bench, he thought Trent wasn’t good enough for this squad.
    I might feel more interested or inclined to get behind the team if I thought they had made it to the final on merit by way good football, tactics and playing the right players.

One big borefest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck about the vast majority of people in this God forsaken country, because they don't give a fuck about anyone else but themselves and through their thickness, laziness and/or self serving nature they have allowed every element of decency, honesty, compassion, integrity and humanity this nation briefly had between the 50's to the late 70's to be completely and utterly destroyed
    Wiser words have never been uttered by you before. Absolutely spot on!

Spot on Tees it is a covid party ready to happen.

I cant understand paying £4-5 a pint and throwing it around I mean no matter how drunk ive been I would NEVER do that !!

As I said weeks ago International footy is second rate mainly and most managers arent top drawer.

Southgate is likely to land a good job regardless of the result Sunday but he is like the Germany manager probably better suited to national teams than club footy.