Page 206 of 248 FirstFirst ... 106156196199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213216 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2480

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Spot on Tees it is a covid party ready to happen.

I cant understand paying £4-5 a pint and throwing it around I mean no matter how drunk ive been I would NEVER do that !!

As I said weeks ago International footy is second rate mainly and most managers arent top drawer.

Southgate is likely to land a good job regardless of the result Sunday but he is like the Germany manager probably better suited to national teams than club footy.
    We'll probably see how god Low is at club management now he's packed in the national job. Surprised he's never been linked with a club side down the years.

Good, I meant to say, I'm on phone and can't edit.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    That's appalling, doesn't show Engerlund fans in a good light at all (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    That's appalling, doesn't show Engerlund fans in a good light at all (no pun intended).
    And what is it with booing national anthems. We are the only nationality that does that every game.

Fucking embarrassing

we're back to the discussion about players getting tackled and not going down and not getting pens or going down at the slightest touch. I don't like divers but England aren't the worse and it's either play that way or lose. Just wait for the am-dramatics from the Italians. No complaints with Sterling's pen.

What about cheats like Sterling and Kane relentless diving - from 30 seconds in. ? That’s ok right?…but jingoism and sweeping statements about the Spanish and Italians. Naughty Sydney…. I guess you feel safe as a mixed race individual that no one will pull you up?

No am dram there hey? And you aren’t biased at all are you?

Cheating is cheating whatever the nationality or colour of your your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    What about cheats like Sterling and Kane relentless diving - from 30 seconds in. ? That’s ok right?…but jingoism and sweeping statements about the Spanish and Italians. Naughty Sydney…. I guess you feel safe as a mixed race individual that no one will pull you up?

No am dram there hey? And you aren’t biased at all are you?

Cheating is cheating whatever the nationality or colour of your your skin.
    well ignoring ur conflation of ethnicity and nationality, I stated on another thread that I don't like diving or cheats. I'm sure you'll have noticed our own boys in red Sterling (in an earlier incarnation), Suarez, Salah, Mane and just about any striker in almost every team, shall we charitably call it "casually falling over." I'm biased but then we all are, aren't we?

I was wondering if you were drunk when you wrote this?

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    I've less reason than most to want England to do well (immigrant father/ mixed-race/ 80's Toxteth up-bringing) but I do want them to win it. Despite my experiences in England (and Liverpool in the 70s and 80s), I want the best for this country because I know there are some good folk.
    If not - maybe you need to ask yourself why you think there are some good folk here as opposed to in Denmark or Italy? This is a clear case of thinking your own countrymen are better. There are other names for this form of prejudice.

People are people - and cheating is cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I was wondering if you were drunk when you wrote this?

If not - maybe you need to ask yourself why you think there are some good folk here as opposed to in Denmark or Italy? This is a clear case of thinking your own countrymen are better. There are other names for this form of prejudice.

People are people - and cheating is cheating.
    Well, I was definitely drunk. Not every position needs to be a zero-sum game and I might've mention I was biased.

I guess what I am saying is - wether you want the best for this country or not and regardless of your life story and background WHY would you choose to pretend that black is white….?

After seeing the game last night and all that diving totally unpunished and eventually leading to the key dodgy decision
    … how is that - what is best for this country..?

If that really is what you think is best for this country then IMO you are advocating a society where we should all just cheat - climb - con - scam and do so with the mantra that some others do it so we should too - and do so cause we want what’s best for our family.