Page 207 of 248 FirstFirst ... 107157197200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214217 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2480

Thread: Euro 2020

I think England winning is good for lots of reasons - some obvious and some less so but it's not a singular or weird opinion (IMO). Sport reflects society but to what degree - well there's a thesis waiting there for someone to get a juicy grant for researching. And there's a whole of research on the dichotomy between behaviours that are seemingly allowable in certain areas of society - sport for one (specifically boxing i.e. punching and fighting) - and not condoned in "normal" society. Not to mention the difference between "gamesmanship" and "sporting fair-play" which used to be the difference in perspective between some teams i.e Italians and Spanish and the British which is why many Italian fan's probably won't think badly about their play-acting at fouls. I could go on but I won't. What I've written is an opinion that's all, I advocate little accept maybe drinking a little less booze during games.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    And what is it with booing national anthems. We are the only nationality that does that every game.

Fucking embarrassing
    Its disgusting and shows up the morons who attend Englesi games. The same thick fuckwitts who boo taking the knee, wether you agree with it or not don't make a complete cunt of yourself by booing it.
    I'd imagine they're types who sing the great escape theme tune and that horrendous two world wars and one world cup song.
    Another thing, the person who added "so good,so good,so good" to Sweet Caroline needs a serious talking to.
    Bad enough that the boxing divs sing it but now it's at the football.

My wife is of Italian descent - I was with her Family when Italy beat France to the World Cup after Matterrazzi (horrible prick) verbally abused Zidane to get him sent off.

I never ever credited them with that win and never will. They cheated to win. Was it good for Italy?? IMO - no certainly not for a moral point of view. Did it help Italian society…? No. They got a trophy IMO by foul means.

I hate it

You'll have a long wait for a clean team to win Steveo.

Its ingrained in the game now some go further than others.

Kane was a master last night though and I see your point he got a tap on the shoulder that was classed as a "foul' as he went down....if someone did that to him in a shop or club he wouldnt go down but pundits say completely nothing unless it is Africans who play for us !

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Its disgusting and shows up the morons who attend Englesi games. The same thick fuckwitts who boo taking the knee, wether you agree with it or not don't make a complete cunt of yourself by booing it.
    I'd imagine they're types who sing the great escape theme tune and that horrendous two world wars and one world cup song.
    Another thing, the person who added "so good,so good,so good" to Sweet Caroline needs a serious talking to.
    Bad enough that the boxing divs sing it but now it's at the football.
    Imo if you want to bring politics into sport you can't complain at those who respond and display their disapproval.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    My wife is of Italian descent - I was with her Family when Italy beat France to the World Cup after Matterrazzi (horrible prick) verbally abused Zidane to get him sent off.

I never ever credited them with that win and never will. They cheated to win. Was it good for Italy?? IMO - no certainly not for a moral point of view. Did it help Italian society…? No. They got a trophy IMO by foul means.

I hate it
    Well ZZ demonstrated to the whole world how people trying to get under your skin isnt a legitimate excuse for violence.
    Sledging, trash talking is a part of sport.
    Ali probably one of the greatest ever at it.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Imo if you want to bring politics into sport you can't complain at those who respond and display their disapproval.

How is taking the knee politics? Its about treating everybody the same and highlighting racism in life.
    I personally don't believe those who boo are doing it for political reasons.

Well ZZ demonstrated to the whole world how people trying to get under your skin isnt a legitimate excuse for violence.
    Sledging, trash talking is a part of sport.
    Ali probably one of the greatest ever at it.
    Yes he overreacted no doubt daft too BUT doesn’t make Matter-RAT-zzi any les of a rat face punk!

What kind of filthy scum bucket sets out to do that? Not fair to tarnish the whole Italian team for it either but I got the sense is might have been spoken about before hand.

I know it’s naive to expect super fair play but blatant anti footballing tactics are simple cheating for me. I know it will likely never go but I will never approve.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    How is taking the knee politics? Its about treating everybody the same and highlighting racism in life.
    I personally don't believe those who boo are doing it for political reasons.
    It's a political symbol and gesture.

When the English team gave the nazi salute, were they just being polite to those who wanted to end the Jewish oppression of Germans.
    Why would people oppose a movement that wanted more fairness and an end to oppression?

It's a political symbol and gesture.

When the English team gave the nazi salute, were they just being polite to those who wanted to end the Jewish oppression of Germans.
    Why would people oppose a movement that wanted more fairness and an end to oppression?
    Who said its political? What's political about raising awareness of systemic racism in society?
    You are talking about something that happened decades ago, the world has moved on.