Page 210 of 248 FirstFirst ... 110160200203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217220 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2480

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    That wasnt a particularly high quality thread imo, but will take a look at your post.
    Will bump the BLM thread in the football forum if it's still open later as there was a post by Muuri that I wanted to respond to but wanted to see if anyone else would respond to it first.
    It needs input from more than just you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    It needs input from more than just you and me.
    CCTV has no idea of what he's talking about when it comes to "systemic racism" or the BLM... it's an opinion but like assholes everybody's got one. I think maybe stick to football - he might know more... "might"

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    CCTV has no idea of what he's talking about when it comes to "systemic racism" or the BLM... it's an opinion but like assholes everybody's got one. I think maybe stick to football - he might know more... "might"
    Keep on posting here Sydney LFC
    I think sometimes people hide behind the odd comments on the football forum. Here it is more traceable. But please express your thoughts- all of you!

It always fascinates me to see people who've never experienced a certain thing a single day in their lives, wax poetic and blabber on and on about it while chastising and castigating those who actually do experience it and suffer from it, and telling them that what is essentially a part of their life experience is not a real thing at all.

What SydneyLFC said.
    All of it!
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I’ve always thought everyone was slightly racist or at least prejudice in some way to people different to them or cultures the don’t know or understand, without necessarily holiding any ill will towards those people. Is there any truth in this. I mean without even taking race into it in some parts of rural Ireland there’s be complete mistrust of people from the next parish/county or wherever the nearest rival is.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    It always fascinates me to see people who've never experienced a certain thing a single day in their lives, wax poetic and blabber on and on about it while chastising and castigating those who actually do experience it and suffer from it, and telling them that what is essentially a part of their life experience is not a real thing at all.

What SydneyLFC said.
    All of it!
    Preach!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post

What SydneyLFC said.
    All of it!
    Not unlike NHS mental health service then

It is normal for all normal people not to accept, appreciate or understand that which they have not experienced themselves and effectively they do frequently tell you, often accidentally, as in not meaning that, it doesn't exist, people are programmed to dismiss the unknown and only believe in that which 'trusted sources' tell them to, a person without direct personal experience of something is never really qualified to speak or write about it, because even through years of studying something, how they learn about it is processed and translated by their conditioned mind
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Not unlike NHS mental health service then

It is normal for all normal people not to accept, appreciate or understand that which they have not experienced themselves and effectively they do frequently tell you, often accidentally, as in not meaning that, it doesn't exist, people are programmed to dismiss the unknown and only believe in that which 'trusted sources' tell them to, a person without direct personal experience of something is never really qualified to speak or write about it, because even through years of studying something, how they learn about it is processed and translated by their conditioned mind
    Exactly - well put. I felt CCTV's diatribe to be offensive and sociologically stupid. Stupendous ignorance couched in pseudo-academic writing. Plainly, I’ve found that the majority of people who deny there’s systemic racism are white folk who have never experienced racism in any form. Likewise, those that boo the players for taking the knee or accuse them of espousing BLM or Marxist philosophies are racists.

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    Exactly - well put. I felt CCTV's diatribe to be offensive and sociologically stupid. Stupendous ignorance couched in pseudo-academic writing. Plainly, I’ve found that the majority of people who deny there’s systemic racism are white folk who have never experienced racism in any form. Likewise, those that boo the players for taking the knee or accuse them of espousing BLM or Marxist philosophies are racists.
    TBF any Irish man over about 40 who's ever worked or studied in England would be fully aware of Bigotry/ Racism.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    TBF any Irish man over about 40 who's ever worked or studied in England would be fully aware of Bigotry/ Racism.
    Unfortunately, it was ubiquitous in "our" generation and whilst there have been improvements, it's raised its ugly head post-Brexit.