Page 211 of 248 FirstFirst ... 111161201204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218221 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2480

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    Unfortunately, it was ubiquitous in "our" generation and whilst there have been improvements, it's raised its ugly head post-Brexit.
    Everything in context,I have no problem with. We sadly live in a world were everyone now wants to be offended. They will go out of their way to be offended. Piers Morgan for example. He's a complete dickhead who I've no time for, got sacked for calling out Harry and Megan as attention seekers . The Karens of today's world got offended because he was apparently "being nasty" with undertones of racism. A very cheap shot I thought. So ITV sacked him as to not upset the minority.
    Do you get called a "pom" over there ? And if so are you offended?

CCTV has no idea of what he's talking about when it comes to "systemic racism" or the BLM... it's an opinion but like assholes everybody's got one. I think maybe stick to football - he might know more... "might"
    Well you could always provide examples of systemic racism.
    So far it seems to be a case of dealing with some kind of religious beliefs. Where ad hominems are the best you can muster up.

Exactly - well put. I felt CCTV's diatribe to be offensive and sociologically stupid. Stupendous ignorance couched in pseudo-academic writing. Plainly, I’ve found that the majority of people who deny there’s systemic racism are white folk who have never experienced racism in any form. Likewise, those that boo the players for taking the knee or accuse them of espousing BLM or Marxist philosophies are racists.
    I've asked people to provide examples of systemic racism.
    So far I have yet to meet one satisfactory case.
    So acting like a holier than thou religious zealot seems par for the course in terms of dealing with religious beliefs.

You do actually know what systemic racism is, right ?

You say you have only found it to be the the whiteman.
    Would you like some black people who must be displaying multiracial whiteness (as the religious call it) ?

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I’ve always thought everyone was slightly racist or at least prejudice in some way to people different to them or cultures the don’t know or understand, without necessarily holiding any ill will towards those people. Is there any truth in this. I mean without even taking race into it in some parts of rural Ireland there’s be complete mistrust of people from the next parish/county or wherever the nearest rival is.
    Not everyone in a racial group, but all racial groups rate their own race most attractive.
    Thereafter the predictability follows the SocialEconomonicStatus of each group. Higher the SeS meaning higher rated in beauty.

Everyone is prejudiced and some good studies show that left wingers are more prejudiced than right wingers.
    Kill whitey, reason is treason are 2 good examples from David Pizarros interesting work in moral psychology.

http://archive.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/05/the_downside_of_diversity/
    Trevor Philip's (a black labour man in uk) had an interesting video on YouTube about how groups self segregate in the uk and talked about the Blair years around this topic.

Trevor Philip's documentary
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb2iFikOwYU

CCTV - you do your own research... it's not for BAME people do your heavy-lifting and educate you or better yet stick to football. Ultimately, there's only one winner between dogma - an opinion forwarded as authoritative without adequate grounds and often because of prejudice and bigotry - and data when it comes to systemic/ institutional racism. I'll stick with my own experiences and the data.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Everything in context,I have no problem with. We sadly live in a world were everyone now wants to be offended. They will go out of their way to be offended. Piers Morgan for example. He's a complete dickhead who I've no time for, got sacked for calling out Harry and Megan as attention seekers . The Karens of today's world got offended because he was apparently "being nasty" with undertones of racism. A very cheap shot I thought. So ITV sacked him as to not upset the minority.
    Do you get called a "pom" over there ? And if so are you offended?
    I can't really comment as, for me, this falls squarely into celebrity culture which I don't read or follow. As I said, people have assholes and opinions - they are entitled to both - but should expect a challenge if they decide to share them (opinions not assholes).

A proper international cup final on now,Argentina vs Brazil.
    None of our lads start.

And not a fan in the Stadium which is such a shame.

Sorry my mistake. 10% capacity, friends and family only.