Page 237 of 248 FirstFirst ... 137187227230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244247 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 2480

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Better group, better teams in the knockout stages and England wouldn’t get this far.

As Miller says, the media wankfest is ridiculous. Doubt any other country goes this over the top?

Ferdinand blaming Southgate, SheArer blaming Kane. It’s civil war in the studio
    Both you and Miller are 100% correct, I highlighted in my Southgate thread the necessity of playing a pressing game at the top level in modern football, England played 1990's Roy Hodgson style, 2 CMs in front of the back four, almost only ever pressing when players became active in their half, it will never win anything and England have played absolutely FUCK ALL football in this entire tournament, despite all the ridiculous hype

They played that Hodgson 1990's style, looked for set pieces from diving and the odd decent ball to one of our forwards hoping they'd work their magic, they have categorically not played anything resembling good or even decent football all tournament, playing as they did was just good enough to beat the dross they played up until the final
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Said he didn’t have a touch in the 18 yard box all game and should be doing more as a CF and Ferdinand saying “maybe he’s being told that” I.e by the manager
    Ok thanks
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Southgate “I decided who was going to take the penalties”
    "You'd one fucking job " !!

"It's going to Rome, It's going to Rome it's going, football's going to Rome"

Shitter Southgate

It'll be interesting to see how this English team evolves. It was built around Kane and it didn't work in the end. Plan B was Calvert-Lewin - a poor man's Kane. Even his reliance on fav boy Mason Mount turned out to be false. I can't see or know of another exciting English forward - so it looks like more of the same... except France will never be as poor or Germany. Sigh - put's a dampener on the next tournament.

Three Lions missed the spot
    England still dreaming
    Football's coming Rome

Fuckall's coming home

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how this English team evolves. It was built around Kane and it didn't work in the end. Plan B was Calvert-Lewin - a poor man's Kane. Even his reliance on fav boy Mason Mount turned out to be false. I can't see or know of another exciting English forward - so it looks like more of the same... except France will never be as poor or Germany. Sigh - put's a dampener on the next tournament.
    Its the midfield and also the mentality.. The England players don;t know how to mix and match. move keep the ball move keep the ball and so on. They look very flat footed. The Italians were moving all over the place.. The only way you stop this is by controlling possession and against better teams. England players aren't up to it.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Imagine if Grealish and Rice kept on playing for Ireland they'd be celebrating now instead

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    It will never evolve under Southgate's stewardship, if he isn't clued up enough to realise, appreciate and accept the necessity of a pressing game in the modern game at the very highest level and that he had exactly the players he needed to play one from the second he walked through the door. Once Hendo's gone, he no longer has a player capable of helping the manager whip these players into playing a decent pressing game and releasing the inside/wide forwards in behind, because they don't have the players to pass through teams and that's that really.