Page 239 of 248 FirstFirst ... 139189229232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 2480

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    This is why the whole world was against England winning. I’m over the moon they lost and was more anxious about this final and then winning than us against Spurs.

As predicted, all the black players being racially abused by good old patriots. Teach them all a lesson and never play international football again. Fuck this team and the vile cretins that support them
    England win = nationalism, jingoism, Brexit Britain, English exceptionalism
    England lose = racism, hooliganism, violence

These were always likely outcomes for this tinpot country. Astonishingly, I argued with a fellow on here about whether "systemic racism" existed. He should've waited until yesterday. On a side note, Man United lost it for England

PS before any points out - I realise racist tweets aren't examples in themselves of "systemic racism". IMO they are symptomatic of it.

As I thought southgate lost us the match as expected, too negative

Saka for the penalty? guy that hasn't took one for his club and 19 years old?

Joke.

Italy have been the best team over-all in the tournament and deserve to win it and have a hard run to the final, I don't think they even played that well last night, pretty poor compared to other games.

But obviously southgate will have done enough to stay for the world cup...... brilliant, just brilliant, rather get knocked out in the round of 16 if it meant that silly twat left, than get knocked out in the final, at least we wouldn't get our hopes up to get dashed like usual... and that bellend who's had all the luck stays longer..
    Last edited by Kev0909; 12th July 2021 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    As I thought southgate lost us the match as expected, too negative

Saka for the penalty? guy that hasn't took one for his club and 19 years old?

Joke.

Italy have been the best team over-all in the tournament and deserve to win it and have a hard run to the final, I don't think they even played that well last night, pretty poor compared to other games.

But obviously southgate will have done enough to stay for the world cup...... brilliant, just brilliant, rather get knocked out in the round of 16 if it meant that silly twat left, than get knocked out in the final, at least we wouldn't get our hopes up to get dashed like usual... and that bellend who's had all the luck stays longer..
    I agree but as far as Southgate - there's not an elite manager prepared to take this England job.
    Just to be clear - I don't consider Southgate to be an "elite" manager.

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    I agree but as far as Southgate - there's not an elite manager prepared to take this England job.
    Just to be clear - I don't consider Southgate to be an "elite" manager.
    Correct and take alook around most national teams they are not elite either.

The Brazil manager is an example of an idiot look at his team selections !

You don't have to be a elite manager to figure out the obvious.....

I.E mount complete waste of space and sub'd finally in the 99th min

The penalty takers etc etc

Not waiting for italy to score after the first 20 mins of the game....

You are right Kev you dont have to be elite.

Southgate is a slightly above average manager.

Im not bothered to be honest as all I care about is us international footy is not even close for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    You are right Kev you dont have to be elite.

Southgate is a slightly above average manager.

Im not bothered to be honest as all I care about is us international footy is not even close for me.
    yeah, kinda glad it's over with now, I support england and obviously want them to do well, but at the same time I hate most of englands "fans"

They're made up of thugs, people having mid-life crisis's people that are only suddenly interested when we get far, and suddenly care about football, and women that don't know the difference between Lampard and Gerrard.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 12th July 2021 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    England win = nationalism, jingoism, Brexit Britain, English exceptionalism
    England lose = racism, hooliganism, violence

These were always likely outcomes for this tinpot country. Astonishingly, I argued with a fellow on here about whether "systemic racism" existed. He should've waited until yesterday. On a side note, Man United lost it for England

PS before any points out - I realise racist tweets aren't examples in themselves of "systemic racism". IMO they are symptomatic of it.
    England lose = they're brexiting from Europe again lols
    England win = despite Brexit and down to 'our' immigrants.

Posters of England team minus immigrants when they're winning
    Percentages of england team who miss penalties being migrants or non whites not posted by the same political folks.

A minority of england fans act poorly = the whole country or cohort of people who support england. Or just all of your political rivals around Brexit.
    A minority of Pakistanis groom and rape white girls at a disproportionate rate = Pakistan and Pakistanis and pro-immigration remain folks too ?
    Hardly not when its your side. It seems generalisations are golden when you make them.
    Everyone agrees about the dirty mancs. Just cant believe there are insinuations made about the scouse. Dont get me started on the fakin londaners.

England football hooligans. They're not alone, it happens in many places. (Remember sterling was cheerleading the chants about Sean Cox getting battered in the streets in celebrating their title. Them Italians battered him on the streets.)
    It happens in non-white nations too, where football is similarly experienced as religiously.

In Ireland the national side rarely get Ireland fans causing trouble = Irish are better than English, Ireland better than England ?

Irish football hooliganism tends to revolve around Dublin city, 3 clubs in particular, each associated with working class areas.
    Working class areas = thuggish and rough hooligans ?
    Working class people too ?

It's funny how people can bemoan individual prejudices and believe their prejudices are in fact always good prejudices.
    When I make a prejudice it must be good, and sometimes it can be, like see a small old black lady and offer to help carry her bag, See Anthony Joshua struggle to lift a heavy bag offer to grab a strap at best.

Irish travelers = tinkers from working with tin, perhaps your tinpot comment is an anti-Irish traveller slur.
    Maybe you didn't know that, much like Cavani (a manc) didn't realise some diverse from him folks might mistake his cordial chat in his native language with a friend as being racist. A mistake on their part forced him to apologise.
    Much like Suarez claimed with Evra.

It's nice to see you acknowledge, you still havent proposed an example of systemic racism.
    Perhaps you are symptomatic of anti-English/white systemic racism in a likewise manner.

There are some English fans who it appears should be prosecuted for acts of physical violence.
    Most looked like "Racist Gammons" (the irony) though I'm pretty sure I saw some Karen's break into the ground too.
    ----------------

Tough luck England, a not so great manager deserves some credit for getting to the final. Think ye could upgrade on him tbh but likely wont as he'll get the support of the media class.

Would love to have seen Rafa take England to the fast approaching world cup. A 4231 taking advantage of the number of good strikers, wingers and 10ish players. Letting the fullbacks support the attack and leaving the 2CBs and 2 sixes to defend primarily.

Southgate seems to have kept the group happy but lacked a ruthless streak to ring the changes when needed.

Mancini and that Danish coach probably the best of the managers at the euros imo. Proactive in making changes and getting the best out of the players at their disposal.

I think I've made position clear, CCTV. I'm not going to debate someone who denies not just the obvious but countless reports about this subject: (i.e. Macpherson's report re: Stephen Lawrence & Metropolitan Police, the government's own Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities, CIPD's many reports on racism and employment etc., repots about judicial sentencing, parole reports... the very fact that there's an Equality Act (2010). Only someone ignorant or/and a bigot would argue otherwise.

Southgate was the obvious choice after Allardyce, having worked with most of the players already. He has done far better in the two tournaments he's took part in, than most people thought he would. And if Italy were by far the best team of the tournament, why did the game go all the way to penalties?.