Page 240 of 248 FirstFirst ... 140190230233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2480

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    England lose = they're brexiting from Europe again lols
    England win = despite Brexit and down to 'our' immigrants.

Posters of England team minus immigrants when they're winning
    Percentages of england team who miss penalties being migrants or non whites not posted by the same political folks.

A minority of england fans act poorly = the whole country or cohort of people who support england. Or just all of your political rivals around Brexit.
    A minority of Pakistanis groom and rape white girls at a disproportionate rate = Pakistan and Pakistanis and pro-immigration remain folks too ?
    Hardly not when its your side. It seems generalisations are golden when you make them.
    Everyone agrees about the dirty mancs. Just cant believe there are insinuations made about the scouse. Dont get me started on the fakin londaners.

England football hooligans. They're not alone, it happens in many places. (Remember sterling was cheerleading the chants about Sean Cox getting battered in the streets in celebrating their title. Them Italians battered him on the streets.)
    It happens in non-white nations too, where football is similarly experienced as religiously.

In Ireland the national side rarely get Ireland fans causing trouble = Irish are better than English, Ireland better than England ?

Irish football hooliganism tends to revolve around Dublin city, 3 clubs in particular, each associated with working class areas.
    Working class areas = thuggish and rough hooligans ?
    Working class people too ?

It's funny how people can bemoan individual prejudices and believe their prejudices are in fact always good prejudices.
    When I make a prejudice it must be good, and sometimes it can be, like see a small old black lady and offer to help carry her bag, See Anthony Joshua struggle to lift a heavy bag offer to grab a strap at best.

Irish travelers = tinkers from working with tin, perhaps your tinpot comment is an anti-Irish traveller slur.
    Maybe you didn't know that, much like Cavani (a manc) didn't realise some diverse from him folks might mistake his cordial chat in his native language with a friend as being racist. A mistake on their part forced him to apologise.
    Much like Suarez claimed with Evra.

It's nice to see you acknowledge, you still havent proposed an example of systemic racism.
    Perhaps you are symptomatic of anti-English/white systemic racism in a likewise manner.

There are some English fans who it appears should be prosecuted for acts of physical violence.
    Most looked like "Racist Gammons" (the irony) though I'm pretty sure I saw some Karen's break into the ground too.
    ----------------

Tough luck England, a not so great manager deserves some credit for getting to the final. Think ye could upgrade on him tbh but likely wont as he'll get the support of the media class.

Would love to have seen Rafa take England to the fast approaching world cup. A 4231 taking advantage of the number of good strikers, wingers and 10ish players. Letting the fullbacks support the attack and leaving the 2CBs and 2 sixes to defend primarily.

Southgate seems to have kept the group happy but lacked a ruthless streak to ring the changes when needed.

Mancini and that Danish coach probably the best of the managers at the euros imo. Proactive in making changes and getting the best out of the players at their disposal.
    Go onto a Facebook page which hunts paedophiles. There’s a higher percentage of white groomers than Asians. Again, be sucked in by what the media wants you to believe without doing research.

Some of the racist posts on the black footballers have been “educated individuals” ffs, rRashford even exposed a school teacher for posting monkey emojis on his dm’s.

And to answer one of your questions, yes Ireland is better than England

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Southgate was the obvious choice after Allardyce, having worked with most of the players already. He has done far better in the two tournaments he's took part in, than most people thought he would. And if Italy were by far the best team of the tournament, why did the game go all the way to penalties?.
    You could say the same about the teams we beat after the 90th minute in our title win season.

Plenty of tight games arise between brilliant sides playing dross

The game was at Wembley - 87,000 England fans v 7,000 Italian. Extremely unfair advantage that England had for almost the entire tournament on top of a very kind draw.

Finals are rarely that open and often very tight BUT despite all the advantages AND a goal lead - England wilted. Carbon copy of the Croatia semi final in Russia 2018.

From 25 minutes in - Italy played all the football despite missing key man Spinazzola ( didn’t look quite the same after he got injured ). England even managed to kick Chiesa ( best player on the pitch by a distance ) out of the game but still couldn’t get a foothold.

Only one team trying to win all second half and Extra time…. The away side.

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    I think I've made position clear, CCTV. I'm not going to debate someone who denies not just the obvious but countless reports about this subject: (i.e. Macpherson's report re: Stephen Lawrence & Metropolitan Police, the government's own Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities, CIPD's many reports on racism and employment etc., repots about judicial sentencing, parole reports... the very fact that there's an Equality Act (2010). Only someone ignorant or/and a bigot would argue otherwise.

Good on you, mate.

It amazes me that some people even still try to engage.
    On some level I do admire the effort, but on another I'm reminded of an episode of the famous HBO show, 'The Sopranos' TV show where Dr. Melfi, Tony Soprano's psychiatrist or 'shrink' , who's seeing her own psychiatrist (since everyone's in therapy) is informed by her own therapist (who's not a fan of the fact that she's taking the job of being a psychiatrist to a Mafia Mob boss) about a recent study he came across that revealed that recent research* had shown that psychotherapy has been shown to have limited to no effect on Sociopaths (which Tony Soprano is obviously deemed to be), and if anything, it actually lends itself to increasing their sociopathy not reducing it as they take it as an opportunity to "sharpen" their "skills" and pathologies rather than seek remedy for their maladies.

Shortly after that Dr. Melfi informs Tony that she'll no longer be treating him as she's realized he's shown no inclination to better himself during the many years he's been getting therapy from her.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, at some level, engaging is of no benefit to anyone at all - except perhaps as a sport,....maybe,... to the person ostensibly seeking to increase their knowledge in engaging in debate, but who's really just treating the whole affair as some sort of a game in which to better themselves (argumentatively) or rather more plainly, ...their debating skills.
    Especially since they're not really trying to improve themselves on any moral or ethical level, remedy their ignorance, or even challenge their own preconceptions or perceptions.

There's no genuine good faith earnest effort by them to seek a better way there.

Just another game, in what is anything but a game for a lot of people in this life.

So again,.....
    Good on you, mate.

I admire what you and The Doc are trying to do - I truly do (....well, what he's trying to do. You've made your position clear).
    But anyone in this day and age who still supposedly needs to be convinced of the existence of systemic racism in modern society, is not a serious individual in any real search of knowledge or truth.

(* true study, by the way)
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 12th July 2021 at 08:59 PM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Wembley wasnt full ??? Thought only allowed 60-65k in ??

The format was rubbish Steveo we both said this its not just England other teams had to fly all over the place and although they travel in luxury its still time consuming.

Euro2024 will be much better as its in one country Germany that is how it should be or joint if two smaller nations.

Italy were the better team it was a great chance for England if honest but once it went to 1-1 they had zero interest just wanted pens, Southgate should have risked a 2-1 / 3-1 defeat and gone for it.

I was fuming when Gomez got injured with England for a pointless friendly and the TAA treatment.

On reflection Southgate probably is as good as England will get for a while, he isnt a genius but if the draw goes your way it could be your year and he was a whisker away from that.

Ive seen people saying he should play a certain way but he cant as he doesnt have the CMs to do it he made use of his limited ability and if fired by England with his cv its enough for a decent job offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You could say the same about the teams we beat after the 90th minute in our title win season.

Plenty of tight games arise between brilliant sides playing dross

The game was at Wembley - 87,000 England fans v 7,000 Italian. Extremely unfair advantage that England had for almost the entire tournament on top of a very kind draw.

Finals are rarely that open and often very tight BUT despite all the advantages AND a goal lead - England wilted. Carbon copy of the Croatia semi final in Russia 2018.

From 25 minutes in - Italy played all the football despite missing key man Spinazzola ( didn’t look quite the same after he got injured ). England even managed to kick Chiesa ( best player on the pitch by a distance ) out of the game but still couldn’t get a foothold.

Only one team trying to win all second half and Extra time…. The away side.
    Missed penalties were the only difference between winning it and not. Rashford tried to be too clever with his, Sancho and Saka just unlucky. It's amazing how much difference one man can make to a person's thinking. Had Henderson been playing ( even though he wasn't missed) everyone on here would have wanted an England win, because he wasn't most seem chuffed that we lost. Not surprised or shocked though. I want England to win, no matter who gets picked.

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    I think I've made position clear, CCTV. I'm not going to debate someone who denies not just the obvious but countless reports about this subject: (i.e. Macpherson's report re: Stephen Lawrence & Metropolitan Police, the government's own Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities, CIPD's many reports on racism and employment etc., repots about judicial sentencing, parole reports... the very fact that there's an Equality Act (2010). Only someone ignorant or/and a bigot would argue otherwise.
    Agree dude.

Missed penalties were the only difference between winning it and not. Rashford tried to be too clever with his, Sancho and Saka just unlucky. It's amazing how much difference one man can make to a person's thinking. Had Henderson been playing ( even though he wasn't missed) everyone on here would have wanted an England win, because he wasn't most seem chuffed that we lost. Not surprised or shocked though. I want England to win, no matter who gets picked.
    Mate Italy played us off the park. Missed penalties were not the only difference - not unless you didn’t watch the game Or are a very biased Engerland fan.

Seems to me that you are suggesting that all draws are contested between teams of the same ability/quality.? Surely you know this cannot be true.? Teams are often beaten by vastly inferior teams in one off games.

How many finals are decided by pens? Also no World Cup final or Euro’s final In modern times has had such a crazy skew of fans for one side.
    Last edited by Steveo; 12th July 2021 at 09:25 PM.

The got played off the pitch for 85 minutes of the game Skyebo. The fact that they were lucky enough to get to penalties was actually an injustice to Italy. England simply don’t learn from these experiences. They refuse to play to their own strengths when the real pressure is on and have been that way for decades. Why do the teams who play possession using technical players who keep you running after them all night always seem to eventually come out on top of not just England but all the home nations and Ireland eventually all through history. Must be something innit.

@Legs you are right think it was limited to just 60,000 fans like the semi finals.

Actual attendance was over 65,000 - Italy were allowed just 1000 non British based Italians…!

Doesn’t really change much it was extremely unfair on any team playing England. Even a final in a host nation you would have a much more even split of fans.

I liked some of the football on show but the format was hugely beneficial for England
    Last edited by Steveo; 12th July 2021 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Mate Italy played us off the park. Missed penalties were not the only difference - not unless you didn’t watch the game Or are a very biased Engerland fan.

Seems to me that you are suggesting that all draws are contested between teams of the same ability/quality.? Surely you know this cannot be true.? Teams are often beaten by vastly inferior teams in one off games.

How many finals are decided by pens? Also no World Cup final or Euro’s final In modern times has had such a crazy skew of fans for one side.
    If biased means wanting England to win then I must be. I'm clearly in a minority on here.