Page 241 of 248 FirstFirst ... 141191231234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2480

Thread: Euro 2020

The other home nations are too small to win a tournament they dont have the quantity of players to choose from.

I dont disagree Steveo in that England had a big advantage.

Other teams did in their groups as well pretty much all home games for some whilst others were all aways it was poor from start to finish and I didnt start watching until knock out games.

Thankfully it is over and the real is back in 5 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    If biased means wanting England to win then I must be. I'm clearly in a minority on here.
    That’s fine mate but I am just talking about the football. Not about who we want to win.

I haven’t spoken to anyone who doesn’t think Italy were comfortably the better side BUT it is subjective

“Had Henderson played, everyone on here would have wanted England to win”

Really??

Utter bollocks Skyebo, please don’t assume anything on my part. Pretty sure I am capable of a considerably greater depth of reasoned thought than that, as are most on here.

I disagree with 90% of what you post on here but it’s just your opinion and you’re entitled to it, so I don’t jump in constantly telling you what an idiot you are for having a different opinion to mine.

Please give the rest of us the same courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    “Had Henderson played, everyone on here would have wanted England to win”

Really??

Utter bollocks Skyebo, please don’t assume anything on my part. Pretty sure I am capable of a considerably greater depth of reasoned thought than that, as are most on here.

I disagree with 90% of what you post on here but it’s just your opinion and you’re entitled to it, so I don’t jump in constantly telling you what an idiot you are for having a different opinion to mine.

Please give the rest of us the same courtesy.
    Glad you feel better after that rant.

I wasnt fussed if England won it or not.. I despise the whole thing surrounding England.. How Pickford got away with what he did still irks the shit out of me. The game at woodison still sticks firmly in most LFC fans memory.
    Clear red card ignored. clear winning goal over turned.. stank to high heavens of cheating.. I fall for the honest and decency of the so called English set up.. The fa and the rest aren't trustworthy.. The filth that fight before and after games.. just makes it 10 times worse.
    I follow England at most sports and want them to win. but like I say i'm not in bit way fussed if they win any major tournament at football. And secondly England have only ever won 1 trophy in the history of international tournament football. Just shows that the footballers and coaching staff are just not that great.
    Last edited by justme; 12th July 2021 at 10:09 PM.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Oh the irony.

Kane is the biggest diver in the England team followed not far behind by Sterling .Kane was the biggest problem yesterday.
    He look shattered and was hardly moving on top of that hes not that great at holding the ball and not great technically
    But since hes the captain and takes penalties he was never going to be taken off. Rashford was going to be brought on for the second part of extra time. But he wasnt and came on for the last 2 minutes instead. The issue is where was you going to play him?they werent gonna take off Kane.So to me everything was in favour for Harry Kane.
    And that cost England big time. There was no one breaking quickly apart from Sterling. So simply Italy were allowed to keep their shape and keep the ball. there was no stretching of the game.
    This is why our coaches are not great at decision making. Not saying England would have won if you changed up the forward line. Just the programmed way of thinking is what cost England in end. I wont got into the debacle of the choice of penalty takers. Thats an all knew story.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I wasnt fussed if England won it or not.. I despise the whole thing surrounding England.. How Pickford got away with what he did still irks the shit out of me. The game at woodison still sticks firmly in most LFC fans memory.
    Clear red card ignored. clear winning goal over turned.. stank to high heavens of cheating.. I fall for the honest and decency of the so called English set up.. The fa and the rest aren't trustworthy.. The filth that fight before and after games.. just makes it 10 times worse.
    I follow England at most sports and want them to win. but like I say i'm not in bit way fussed if they win any major tournament at football. And secondly England have only ever won 1 trophy in the history of international tournament football. Just shows that the footballers and coaching staff are just not that great.
    I'm the opposite I only watch football, no idea how they do in other sports.

That should have said I don't fall

Skyebo, I like seeing England/GB people winning at the Olympics. I use to be a huge cricket fan. but the test team is so pathetically shit now. I hardly bother. I like other sports too. But they tend to be sporadic