Page 243 of 248 FirstFirst ... 143193233236237238239240241242243244245246247248 LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 2480

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    You don't hear much about meta tarsal injuries these days do you?
    That use to call it a broken toe..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    “Had Henderson played, everyone on here would have wanted England to win”

Really??

Utter bollocks Skyebo, please don’t assume anything on my part. Pretty sure I am capable of a considerably greater depth of reasoned thought than that, as are most on here.

I disagree with 90% of what you post on here but it’s just your opinion and you’re entitled to it, so I don’t jump in constantly telling you what an idiot you are for having a different opinion to mine.

Please give the rest of us the same courtesy.
    As I watch lots of football, and full 90 minutes of other clubs games and know all the players, I just wanted to see them put into a 433 or a 343 into an aggressive front foot pressing game, wiht the 2 inside forwards making runs in behind, the full backs getting forward, yes being pretty direct at times and winning second balls from attempting to release the inside forwards, because England don't have the players to keep the ball and play through sides. And for them to attack sides and use all their best players as they operate at their best for their clubs and the 433 which would have been my preferred option would absolutely have included Hendo because he's the only player England have who can play the switches to release the advancing full backs and inside forwards in behind with unerring accuracy consistently and orchestrate and lead the press, the next best after him is Ward-Prowse, I'd pick both in my midfield 3 with Mount being the other
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    That's weird.

Because I recently read somewhere that there's a propensity for right wingers to believe in sky fairy spirit gods, and chubby fluffy haired bombastic carnival-barker -type politicians.
    So what's your point?

To wit:

Things Right wingers believe : -

"When we leave the EU, Britain and the NIH will get back £350 Million back into their coffers that they pay daily to Brussels."

"When I become president I will build a wall on the Mexican border and Mexico will pay for it.
    I will also release my taxes. In full."

"You will build an ark and inside it, you will somehow fit in all billion-something species of all animal life on the planet to save them from a flood that will cover the planet for 40 days, and they will survive the journey somehow without devouring each other despite their natural positions relative to each other on the food chain cycle."

"You can boo footballers peacefully protesting racism on the field, and there will be no fallout whatsoever from such an action"

I read it all in some 4,000 year old book written by some Bronze age farmers.
    So it must be true.

Was also on my uncle's Facebook page too, so that definitely seals it, because he's never wrong.
    I tend to side with Popper on the matter of spiritual faith, and as such dont look at the historical arguments say around the big bang proving creation versus the steady state theory atheism to make a simplification of those times.
    If you want to mock people for believing in a god, gods, reincarnation, religious scripture, political beliefs, etc you have every right to express yourself as you please.
    Sometimes you might get burned, other times shot, but those are actions I dont support.

Politicians main interests are getting elected and winning elections.
    The idea of it being right wingers versus the honest left wing politician is rather cute, I somehow doubt you are that naive.

All people are inevitably wrong the probability of anyone always being right is low. That's why I am willing to entertain any discussions really and not to worried about external judgement.

If they want to play as English teams play, then it helps to keep up to date with how the best English teams play, what Mancini did was to look at how the very best European clubs sides play and had Italy play like that, Liverpool, Chelsea and City are 3 of the very best European club sides, all their players play a 433 or 343 front foot aggressive pressing game and they're all also England's best players and even with the subtleties of some of their imported midfielders, they all still play really direct at times, including City last season

Liverpool and Chelsea both constantly have their inside forwards making the runs in behind, and look to release their full backs and wing backs frequently, neither really work the ball the same as the teams with ballers, both often move up the pitch by finding and inside forward in isolation who had made an inside out run with a switch or 20-40 yard diagonal or by finding a full back with a switch who has made a well times run from deep on the opposite side from where the play is, it is still controlled progressive possession and both have the players to play those passes

When they have stretched sides by releasing the inside forwards or full backs, both often keep the ball by exchanging passes between the forwards full backs and mids and will mostly then go back to the No6 or one of their CBs then play a more direct ball trying to release the inside forwards or full backs runs in behind, so it isn't altogether as direct as it seems, it's still a possession game, just a different style of possession game building up a different way through different means and types of passing

Quite often when both sides play the longer ball looking to release the inside forwards or full backs in behind, it is played when the ball player can see their other players are well positioned in counter press positions to win any second ball and both can quickly score from the new point of attack their winning the second ball creates

Mancini was a superb high-quality player and he knows a thing or two about football.

YOu seem desperate to crowbar your logic onto everything and everyone. If Italy control games with short passing v Turkey or anyone - they haven't been pressed or tested . If they win the tournament they have copied Klopp....?

Come on mate.. peppering the forum with millions of words doesn't make what you say any more true

England had one less day to prepare having played on Wednesday. You need plenty of legs to be able to press for 90 minutes You saw with Kane he could hardly run. This obsession with the pressing game is nonsensical. sometimes you need to just control the game with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Mancini was a superb high-quality player and he knows a thing or two about football.

YOu seem desperate to crowbar your logic onto everything and everyone. If Italy control games with short passing v Turkey or anyone - they haven't been pressed or tested . If they win the tournament they have copied Klopp....?

Come on mate.. peppering the forum with millions of words doesn't make what you say any more true
    The forum he did on Mancini? i had a look in, saw it was like 8775 paragraphs too long and didn't bother reading. Its like he needs to prove how right he is.

Mancini BN ( Before Nineteenx )

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Steveo, you just need to accept reality, some people, due to their mental make up, have far stronger ability at recognising patterns, mechanics and process in things, and that is how they watch things and learn things, the very clear distinction between those people and you for instance is how they enjoy things, they enjoy the process, patterns and mechanics and their joy, comes through their understanding, recognising and appreciating the combination of all those things and the importance of all the elements in combination and seeing all that at work producing a successful outcome

You also like to write a million words, on numerous things, but for me, what you write always has glaring omissions based on your personal preferences and often ill conceived beliefs, ill conceived because you seemingly want to believe a certain thing or think a certain way, but your mind lacks the ability or just isn't wired in a way that looks exhaustively at all the mechanics, patterns and intracacies, I find your views on most things very basic and limited in all honesty

Edit: I find most people incredibly limited so don't take it personally
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 13th July 2021 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The forum he did on Mancini? i had a look in, saw it was like 8775 paragraphs too long and didn't bother reading. Its like he needs to prove how right he is.
    Too long for me, I can't concentrate for long these days , so any long posts I ignore, CCTV does the same too.