Page 32 of 248 FirstFirst ... 222526272829303132333435363738394282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Spain draw a blank in their opener, if that had been England they would have been totally slagged for being overhyped overrated shoite.
    But they played beautiful football mate - England play shite kick and run football mostly.

Sweden - are garbage and make England look quality - they parked the bus all game in a pretty disgraceful fashion.

Scotland just showed they lack the necessary higher level of quality in a few positions, with better quality in those areas they could easily have scored 4 or 5 in today's game as they should have.

CBs aren't good enough, neither is the keeper and neither are the forwards, why Clarke started Dykes ahead of Che Adams only he knows

Robbo was excellent in the vast majority of his play today, he was doing a fair few things I've repeatedly said he needs to add to his game and start doing for us, not sure why he decides to do those things to great effect for Scotland but doesn't do them for us

Played some great early balls in behind their defence, doesn't do it nearly enough for us, when it's on for him to do so frequently and Mo is far more likely to get to them and get on the end of them at the far post than any of the rank average players Clarke started up top

Played a few great early crosses again in behind the CBs for their forwards to look to arrive on running between the 2 opposition CBs, teed Bobby and Jota up for goals with that type of cross last season, but doesn't produce from there nearly enough when it's on

Played some great passes making the play from deep as Trent does from RB, but Robbo doesn't produce often enough for us

Played some quality crossfield switches to release the opposite full back, which he doesn't do nearly enough off to return the favour for Trent for us

I enjoyed his performance and all those things hugely, but I was left scratching my head that I've been banging on about him needing to do those things for us more frequently and consistently and he hasn't delivered that this season and delivered more of the required quality of all those things in today's game for Scotland than he did for us over the whole of last season

He did show he still hasn't bought himself a goal for his back garden and hasn't been practicing his shooting and finishing for when he gets in those great positions for us to do so as frequently as he does, needs to sort his shit out on all those things or us for next season and fucking practice finishing, should have scored 10 in the 19/20 season and at least 4 or 5 last season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Robertson has the shot of a Sunday league centre back never mind a premier league left back. Still will likely score more than 0 after 50 caps…

I don't care if teams play the low block. Its darn right difficult to break down.. But you have to find ways to deal with it.
    What irks me though .. . Is teams play the low block against us in the PL and then next game play the opposite. its like they have no intention of winning just stopping us from winning..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    But they played beautiful football mate - England play shite kick and run football mostly.

Sweden - are garbage and make England look quality - they parked the bus all game in a pretty disgraceful fashion.
    A team of balllers held to a draw by a low block and hoof side who should have won the game having had the 2 best chances and Steveo doesn't like it, the team of ballers thing is ancient history Steveo, it's done, even Guardiola learnt that, a mixture of players who can pass the ball incredibly effectively from numerous areas without having to be ballers, but very good and incredibly effective passers and crossers none the less, and a very strong front foot and aggressive press and counter press with good ability to play possession football but also and crucially, exceptional ability to be very direct and from any position on the pitch to release players also is the ideal for the modern team

Yes if only the best teams in the world took a leaf out of 19x’s book and England hoof ball - play for free kicks and Penalities

Perhaps the likes of Iniesta and Xavi should lament how they should have played more like Henderson.

Million mile an hour garbage.
    Keep trying mate.

As for Spain - I could m t care a hoot about their result but in a tournament where I care not one jot about results I want to see the football teams - the teams playing football and not the clod hopping Gaelic variety - win. And the hoof ball, overly physical shite teams lose.

Your advocation of the direct game - the hallmark of a technical deficiency - highlights why you would be just another shite English manager - and player.
    Last edited by Steveo; 14th June 2021 at 10:27 PM.

How did Sverige get a draw there? I'd like to know how they actually qualified, they are absolutely shite. Any threat they had disappeared with Isak being subbed which I thought was ridiculous unless he's carrying an injury?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    How did Sverige get a draw there? I'd like to know how they actually qualified, they are absolutely shite. Any threat they had disappeared with Isak being subbed which I thought was ridiculous unless he's carrying an injury?
    I don’t know but seems a few on here are more than happy with that kind of “performance”

To me that is - I want my money back. They just killed the game.

I don’t know but seems a few on here are more than happy with that kind of “performance”

To me that is - I want my money back. They just killed the game.
    Even Murphy praised them. It was brutal, the final stats for possession must be outrageous.
    Spain looked good but look like they are missing that killer instinct up too.
    I've never rated Morata. He should have buried that first half chance.

Yes if only the best teams in the world took a leaf out of 19x’s book and England hoof ball - play for free kicks and Penalities

Perhaps the likes of Iniesta and Xavi should lament how they should have played more like Henderson.

Million mile an hour garbage.
    Keep trying mate.
    I have no idea what you're referring to Steveo (well I do) but what you're talking about in this post is a million miles away from what I'm talking about, Guardiola revitalised CIty and reached his first Champions League final doing exactly what I'm talking about, because even he's learnt you need all the elements I believe you do in the modern game, I can't remember the last time a team of ballers that you fantasize about actually won anything