Page 34 of 248 FirstFirst ... 242728293031323334353637383940414484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

I don’t believe Hendo is doing anything he didn’t have in his locker before. I just see a much more confident mature Hendo. He still can’t shoot or beat a man ( not with regularity ) , or do many things you ideally want a player in his role to do - but what he does he does much much more consistently and much relies on players around him too. He has also grown into being a worthy captain which he absolutely was not before. None of this is technical to my eyes and all of it mental. Klopp the man to bring it out.

I hope you are right and Robbo becomes able to shoot with venom and accuracy consistently but I won’t hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agree with much of the above - but at times it doesn’t sound ( to me at least ) like that is what you are saying.
    That's because you elect to forget what I have posted about consistently about the need for constant evolution and adding more strings to what we already have because I kicked off about us ditching so much of what made us successful trying to go tappy crappy and overplay like the City side whose arse we handed to them playing our brand of football

I was kicking off not because I have ever though that was the only way to play, but because we needed to keep and further develop our ability to be direct whilst adding more ability to unlock teams in different ways through possession. Having that ability to be direct and go middle to top or defence to top to release a player to score in a single pass or 2 or 3 passes through releasing another player who will be in a position to assist out of absolutely nowhere when you have as much possession as we have and have been moving the opposition in different ways trying to pass through is absolutely priceless and another of many things I said City needed to add to their game to get back ahead of us that Guardiola did add to their game this season, they scored a few crucial goals like that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Forgive me mate but I can’t remember everything you have said on here. Would take some doing to be fair. My wife accuses me of forgetting what we have discussed after just a few hours

Probably could have done much of what you are alluding to had we been even mildly active in the market summer 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I hope you are right and Robbo becomes able to shoot with venom and accuracy consistently but I won’t hold my breath.
    There's absolutely no reason and no excuse for him not to develop his shooting and finishing ability and early crossing from deeper inside/outside left positions, he's already done the crossing part a few times for us and more times in fewer games for Scotland to assist brilliantly, Hendo needs to keep pushing him and Jurgen, because he can do the crossing, so there's no reason he can't do it more frequently and his finishing and understanding of when the percentages of taking the shot across the keeper on is the best option is quite frankly embarrassing and something he should be ashamed of and absolutely determined to improve to help the team, win more trophies and for his own professional pride if nothing else.

I bang on about that crossing from the deeper inside/outside left and right positions so much, because that would add another string to our bow in trying to unlock park the bus teams.

When teams are 4-3 or 5-3 in a low block, that area is the best area to find a player to put a quality ball in

Part of the battle against PTB sides is to try different things so they can't get settled into a pattern of defending and get comfortable in doing that and to unsettle them by doing things like putting those early crosses in from deep, make them turn running towards their own goal, knowing they have Mane, Mo, Bobby or Jota hot on their heels looking to get on the end of it

Worse case scenario, no-one gets on the end of it and it goes out for a throw to the opposition deep in their own half

A few won't be converted into goals, but will find Mo or Mane in behind the defence outside the far post, with the defence having been turned and moved and disrupted and there are all sorts of possibilities for what we can do and what can happen from there

Best case scenario, Mane, Mo and Bobby or Jota get tuned into looking for those early balls in and making runs to get on the end of them just inside/outside the far post or arriving between defenders in the centre from a straight run or outside in run

Just another very important string to add to our bow, unsettling, turning and disrupting PTB defences is a huge part of the battlle

Just one of numerous possibilities, but say the early cross from deeper goes to Mo outside the far post in behind their defence, they've been turned, there's 2 defenders and probably one mid charging to close him down, they've lost their shape and positioning and track of one or two of our players by having been made to turn and run towards their own goal, that ball can then quickly go to Trent to Thiago or straight back to Thiago moving into the space the mid running back has just vacated to then release Mane or Bobby or Jota through a channel or hole that's created
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Fuck me can't blame Sweden for holding onto a point they did well considering turkey couldn't do that v Italy! Swedens team is trash too only so much they can do, they have larsson still playing for them ffs he's like a Sweden legend and that says it all

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Fuck me can't blame Sweden for holding onto a point they did well considering turkey couldn't do that v Italy! Swedens team is trash too only so much they can do, they have larsson still playing for them ffs he's like a Sweden legend and that says it all
    To be fair i don't think Sweden expected to be without Ibrahimovic

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    To be fair i don't think Sweden expected to be without Ibrahimovic
    Yep the only genuine class they have had and he is a Bosnian Croat!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Sebastien not Henrik

Henrik..??? He was a while back - he is almost 50!.. Far better than Sebastien but even he wasn't world class. Decent striker to be fair scored a lot of goals for Celtic - not so many at Barca though but not bad - a little like Owen.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Sebastien not Henrik

I know but apart from Ibra, it's always Larsson in this side as the main stay, he's ok on set pieces and crossing but that's about it, just says alot about sweden really the fact he's always been in the team.

Credit to them yesterday though, especially as spain more use to the stadium, conditions etc.

I can't believe sweden missed the sitter lovely play by Isak would of been hilarious if sweden won 1-0 still is rather amusing it was a draw.

I think this team would probably be relegated for sure in the prem, maybe top half of the championship?
    Last edited by Kev0909; 15th June 2021 at 12:54 PM.