Page 38 of 248 FirstFirst ... 283132333435363738394041424344454888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Germany really have lacked any kind of threat all night.
    Deserved French win though neither team looked great tonight.
    Agreed, but I find it hard to believe England could beat either of them. They seem to look organised in a way that England never do.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

I can't be having any team with Pogba in it. All he is , is a big bloody show pony. Who prances around half arsed .

The Germans lack a proper goalscorer,just like the Spanish.

Well that was much a do about nothing, for all Steveo's talk of England being all about strength and speed, let's not forget that's how France bored their way to winning the world cup, mostly looking to release MBappe in behind, Kante's the best DM in the world right now, puts Fab to shame with his positioning and reading of the game, but Kante doesn't have Hendo's ability to release forwards like MBappe and Hendo isn't behind him in his reading of the game and positioning, Kante is a lot quicker over the first 10 yards though and uses that to maximum effect.

Pogba has moments where he picks some great passes, but they're the kind of passes in the same kind of situations and positions that Mount, Hendo and Phillips can play and Rabiot, well, he's not that good at all, France aren't ballers at all, except for their forwards, they're no different to England.

Germany's manager should have gone before this tournament, as appalling use of his players and De Boer's use of Holland's, absolute joker, Germany looked as bereft of ideas and the capability to play through France with everyone behind the ball as we did in that spell of the season Jurgen tried to go tappy crappy, and we ended up going wide and banging hopeful crosses in with the opposition well stocked with numbers to defend them. They spent all game playing in front of France, even when they brought on 2 subs who are renouned for stretching sides by making runs in behind and affording the wide players and AM space in the process, they STILL played everything in front of France
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Watched the first half of the Portugal game earlier, Jurgen needs to start putting his money where his mouth is re coaching players, starting with Jota and Fab, Jota's link play and poor decisions and execution of rudimentary passes was woeful in the first half, needs some small sided games where he's effectively the false 9 looking to release Mane and Mo and connect their runs, he absolutely sucks at it, and it's really weird from how good he was at it for Wolves

As long has jota gets 15/18 goals next season. he can lose the ball and miss pass the ball he wants.. Salah has never been great either when it comes to keep control of possession
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

But France have much better players than England 19. They do play a high intensity game when they need to - they have athleticism BUT they have genuine world class talent too. England don’t have those players. Who is in Greizman’s class? Who can be compared with Mbappe? How about Kante?
    Anyone think Kane would be half the player Benzema has been for Real were he in Madrid? Possible but not for me.

We have to be honest and realistic - we have nigh on 60,000,000 people in England and the worlds most competitive league but we just do not produce the players: whatever happen this tournament - we have been shyte for eons..

Still can't believe the German and Dutch coaches use of their players, maybe I need to cut Southgate and our know nothing media some slack It seems there are far bigger culprits than him as not using their best players and not using them as they play at their best for some of the best clubs in world football

I was actually very impressed with Southgates tweaks to how he had set up in the warm up games in England's opening game, 433, to inside/wide forwards making the runs in behind used as they play at their best for their clubs.

Kane dropping off, linking and spreading play then moving into the box as he does at his club, although the best opportunities to then find Kane with quality balls in to him through that were wasted entirely by him playing Kyle has a mistake or two his pace can't recover for him in him Walker at RB

Mount playing intelligently to support and play off all 3 forwards without getting in any of their way or space AND dropping off into CM to let Phillips get ahead of Kane when he dropped off instead, I really liked that, and it led to the goal.

If he can just ditch Rice for Hendo so England have more know how, leadership and passing ability in midfield and bring James or Trippier in for Walker and play that line up for the remaining group games, he might just have a team, needs to do it for the Scotland game onwards though to give it a couple of games to really click before the sharp end though

Kane is a good scorer. I just don't think hes technically great. Sterling has no left foot. world class teams are able to play slow slow slow and then quick in the final third.. once England lose a goal first against an half decent team. they won't get back in the game.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Kane is a good scorer. I just don't think hes technically great. Sterling has no left foot. world class teams are able to play slow slow slow and then quick in the final third.. once England lose a goal first against an half decent team. they won't get back in the game.
    The press will be better and the passing if he gets Hendo in for Rice pronto, needs an experienced head to get that press organised and direct and orchestrate it into a proper press and counter press. It really wouldn't be a bad combination of passing ability at all with Hendo, Phillips and Mount, more passing ability in midfield than France have, those 3 are all better with the ball than Pogba, Kante and Rabiot