Page 39 of 248 FirstFirst ... 293233343536373839404142434445464989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

Mount is the only one good on the ball. Impressed with him:

Hendo is no baller, never was and never ever will be. Phillips looked good v a very old and tired Croatia for about 20 Wembley minutes.

Let’s see what happens. Let’s see if England can finally play some football.

Let’s hope Jordan can do better than this agains an equivalent team to Croatia 2018.

Last edited by Steveo; 15th June 2021 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Mount is the only one good on the ball. Impressed with him:

Hendo is no baller, never was and never ever will be. Phillips looked good v a very old and tired Croatia for about 20 Wembley minutes
    Yes, but put Hendo in that France midfield looking to pick out the runs in behind of MBappe, Greizman and Benzema with quality medium to long balls as he does so expertly for Mo and Mane, and that fitting exactly how France play and he pisses all every single one of their midfielders at it

It's criminal how you still fail to recognise Hendo's exceptional ability at those kind of passes, because his technique doesn't look as sexy as players who can't play them as well, as accurately, as consistently, as quickly up and down and with the backspin to make them far easier for the forwards or full backs to control

There are even youtubes made by randoms who aren't Liverpool fans with several Hendo longer to medium pinpoint passes included in them

I personally don't give a fuck how sexy a players technique looks, do they have effective technique to play those sort of passes as effectively or more effectively and consistently than most ballers, if the answers yes, which it is, and those passes benefit my team and would benefit most top forwards in top sides as runs in behind and having the players to connect those runs is a feature of all top teams, then they're up there with the very best, even if that's the limit of their top class passing, because having a DM who can do that from deep is absolutely fucking priceless
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

France don’t pick a player as technically deficient as Jordan Henderson - full stop. They are chock full of talent.

Really sorry mate. No decent European nation would pick him. You surely know this? He works hard and has done well of late in a team managed by genius Klopp - playing behind Bobby - Mané - Salah - with Gini and Fabinho - and Virgil Van dijk.

I am over the moon with his improvement but you can’t pretend he is world class - he isn’t close

There is nobody going to cheer him on more than me. I would love him to have a barnstormer of a Euros- be a great boost to his confidence if he did.

I would love to be wrong on my thoughts on his natural ability but I just don’t think I am.

Even if he does do brilliant he wont get any thanks from Engerland fans as he plays for us.

He would have done best to have followed Virgil’s concept and saved himself for next season. He is going to need to fight for his place.

France don’t pick a player as technically deficient as Jordan Henderson - full stop. They are chock full of talent.

Really sorry mate. No decent European nation would pick him. You surely know this? He works hard and has done well of late in a team managed by genius Klopp - playing behind Bobby - Mané - Salah - with Gini and Fabinho - and Virgil Van dijk.

I am over the moon with his improvement but you can’t pretend he is world class - he isn’t close
    How is he technically deficient? He can play the passes i'm talking about, ideal for how the modern game is played far better and more consistently because that's how we play than practically all players I watch, he can lead, organise and orchestrate a press far better than any of those players too, and given how huge front foot pressing has become in the modern game, that's one hell of a massive deficiency all these fancy Dans you wank over all have, he has incredibly game intelligence at No6, he looks for that ball, when it isn't on he'll exchange one or two passes, wait for the next run and the counter press/second ball positions to be set and either play it himself, or go back to Virgil to play it

You have this obsession with fancy dan ballers who aren't even close at hendo's level at the abilities he has that he needs to have for his position at No6

If you need to ask then you really shouldn’t talk about this game.

His shooting is very suspect, in fact he is scared to shoot.

His first touch is ok but not top class. I could press him into a mistake and I am 48!

Watch the Croatia semi final 2018… see the mistakes I posted above.

Then look at what a truly top class player - even surrounded by dross and at 33 - does in a WC semi.
    Last edited by Steveo; 15th June 2021 at 11:46 PM.

If you need to ask then you really should talk about this game.
    You perhaps shouldn't, your lack of appreciation and understanding of it is absolutely dire my friend, if you do not understand the importance of having a midfielder who can command and orchestrate a front foot press and counter press given how prevalent it is and importance it is in the modern game and that midfielder having far more passing ability in that system to create more big chances and get more assists from deep positions at No6 in one of the world's best teams, then best to keep your mouth shut and stop embarrassing yourself

Again, which team of ballers won anything the last few years? Given how the front foot press and counter press has been evolved and developed, which team of ballers is going to win one the the biggest prizes in football again? The last to win one was Barca under Guardiola, the was 10 years ago mate TEN years ago since the last team of ballers won the Champions League

What's with Kroos taking all Germany's free kicks and Gundojan not getting a look in? I've seen loads of Real, they always talk his ability at set pieces up when he steps up to take them and I've never seen him score one or come close to scoring one

This is what the other Midfielder did while Hendo was chasing shadows and tossing the ball away.

And BTW who is asking for a team of ballers? That isn’t what is needed BUT you need at least one in the middle. See how a mediocre Croatia did with just one.

This is what the other Midfielder did while Hendo was chasing shadows and tossing the ball away.

And BTW who is asking for a team of ballers? That isn’t what is needed BUT you need at least one in the middle. See how a mediocre Croatia did with just one.
    And what relevance does it have to what we're talking about in current set ups and players used in their best positions and systems in combination with other players used in theirs? Erm, let me think, none whatsoever Good effort on posting an video highlighting Southgate's managerial deficiencies though

Also that's the first sensible thing you've said all day, is it Hendo's job and position to do what the more attacking mid in our team is supposed to do? Erm, No, is Hendo one of the world's best players in his position? Erm yes

Apples with apples, compare Modric with Keita, or Oxlade, Or Thiago, or Shaq