Page 4 of 248 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

Turkey got stuffed i see
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Not really bothered about this to be honest as long as England lose i'll be happy.

Too many players in the London FC squad I dislike and thats before you move onto the "fans".
    Oh come on, what about the painted faces and the Jester hats? Where’s your sense of fun?
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    England don’t have the players to play that way Kev. Lots of running and diving ( Ahem Grealish ) but they can’t play a controlled game like that
    England do have the players to play a very well orchestrated front foot pressing and counter pressing game though and to be devastatingly direct when they win the ball back and that is a very powerful thing, they unfortunately don't have a manager who will play like that or use their players to play to their strengths

We won the Champions League and Premier League without playing like Italy did tonight and how other International sides play similarly, Chelsea won the Champions League this season beating a City side who do have the players to play like Italy did tonight without really playing any football, but through being very organised in their front foot press and counter press game and having players who can release their quick and direct forwards to score goals and the ability to stop the ballers playing like Italy did tonight

I would back the team with the highest level incredibly well orchestrated press and counter press who can quickly and readily create big chances with just 3 or 4 passes or often just 1 after winning possession against the team of ballers on most occasions

England need a manager with experience of winning the games biggest prizes who will pick the best side and use the players as they play best at their clubs and create a squad with the togetherness of a club squad and who will completely ignore the know nothings in UK football journalism and punditrys constant clamour for certain players and want to pick the team 'they' think should play, because, those people only write and commentate on the game to the level of the lowest common denominator, because that's their own level of understanding of it, including most of the very best former players, who mostly make appalling managers for that reason
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

England don’t have the players to play a high quality short passing game 19. That doesn’t mean they can’t win the tournament- just talking about how they play.

Now maybe your Anglo Saxon clod hopping genes prohibit you from knowing the finer details of the highest quality game. Perhaps you think the the way we have played to win a title and a European Cup is the only way to go - but it isn’t so

How many European Cups have Real Madrid won again? How many World Cup stars has Italy got on their shirt?

Italy played a superb game tonight. Now Turkey might be utter garbage. But Italy played a high quality game. No need to talk about all that running and blocking and pressing and rushed high risk passing - which gets you so far. The best teams play a better game…. a more controlled game - IMO at least.

Wembley will be a huge help for England. That cannot be overstated - fully expect them to walk the group.
    Last edited by Steveo; 12th June 2021 at 01:02 AM.

I've personally thought this group of players are better on the ball including passing, and probably more hard working than previous England teams.

We have some very talented players problem is Southgate doesn't know how to use them.

Can anyone explain to me who’s hosting this tournament and where it’s being played?

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Can anyone explain to me who’s hosting this tournament and where it’s being played?
    It's being shared between, I think 7 different European cities. I think the final is being played at Wembley

Thanks. And are fans allowed in in any or all of those countries?
    Also, where was it supposed to be held originally?

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Thanks. And are fans allowed in in any or all of those countries?
    Also, where was it supposed to be held originally?
    I think the idea was always to spread it across many countries.

Like the pandemic? its weird playing 2020 in 2021.. Shouldn't be played at all. Bloody hate international football
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century