Page 40 of 248 FirstFirst ... 303334353637383940414243444546475090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It really wouldn't be a bad combination of passing ability at all with Hendo, Phillips and Mount, more passing ability in midfield than France have, those 3 are all better with the ball than Pogba, Kante and Rabiot

I was challenging this belter. I said Mount might be - but Hendo and Phillips.

Seriously dude… but are you actually serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I was challenging this belter.
    Why? Pogba doesn't do anything any of them can't, Kante certainly doesn't and Rabiot, well, can he pass a football at all or even play a rudimentary square ball to Greizman to play him in for a tap in? Case closed, France's trio weren't able to control the game today either
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Mount is the only one good on the ball. Impressed with him:

Hendo is no baller, never was and never ever will be. Phillips looked good v a very old and tired Croatia for about 20 Wembley minutes.

Let’s see what happens. Let’s see if England can finally play some football.

Let’s hope Jordan can do better than this agains an equivalent team to Croatia 2018.

Agree about Mount. He'll be Englesi's best midfielder in the next couple of seasons, He's really good. I wish we had someone like him in our squad.
    He was being compared with Jones early in the season, the difference at the end was night and day.
    He'll be a top end player.

Most Chelsea fans I spoke to ( they are all Chelsea around here ) were saying he was a luxury player, too slow and not up to it - and that was less than a year ago. Shows what half of them know about the game. A real talent and the type England have lacked since Scholes…

Most Chelsea fans I spoke to ( they are all Chelsea around here ) were saying he was a luxury player, too slow and not up to it - and that was less than a year ago. Shows what half of them know about the game. A real talent and the type England have lacked since Scholes…
    I thought early on he seemed a bit of a Charlie, breaking the lockdown rules. He's not that at all though and he's been praised for his attitude, workrate and professionalism.
    Shame he plays for that lot. Maybe Jones should go to the championship for a year like Mount did? Might bring him on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Why? Pogba doesn't do anything any of them can't, Kante certainly doesn't and Rabiot, well, can he pass a football at all or even play a rudimentary square ball to Greizman to play him in for a tap in? Case closed, France's trio weren't able to control the game today either
    Well for a kick off Pogba is in a different league mate - yes he plays for United ( boo hisss ) and yes it hasn’t worked out ( great ) at all so far - but the guy is a monster in that French team, a key reason why they won the World Cup in 2018. His dominance and all round passing are phenomenal at times.

Kante not only does things none of England’s midfielders do - he does things no other midfielder can do.

Rabiot - granted - has looked a a good level below.

France were playing away in Germany mate - at the Allianz arena and but for a few fine lines they walk away with a 2 or 3 goals to nil score line… not too shabby.

Lily Savage is the most annoying commentator on earth
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

This ref is pro-turkey

Christ I think they'd do better with wilson over bale ffs

Great assist by Bale to put Ramsey in 1-0 Wales.