Page 73 of 248 FirstFirst ... 236366676869707172737475767778798083123173 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And it’s total bollox.

That season we had the title - sadly - we stupidly tried to whallop Jose’s Chelsea at Anfield when a draw was all we needed. We then Raced into a 3 nil lead v Watford and tried to catch up goal difference on City and got caught for a 3:3 draw.
    Crystal Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Crystal Palace.

That’s the swines. I have defended Brendan many times but he did balls it up.

We had that title and he just blew it. Wasn’t just Gerrard’s slip.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    We won those trophies because we bought Van Dijk and Alisson. What did we win with Henderson as captain before 2019?
    Lolzer it never gets tired yet they both played in Hendo's 19-20 end of season absence when our form went to shit, the ywere both starting in 18-19 along with Fab when we drew too many games letting in soft goals on counter before Hendo was brought back in at RCM in the second half of that game v Southampton and inspired our end of season League and Champions League run. If I could be bothered to do a thorough search I could find numerous games we were shit without hendo when they both played AND all our other best players played too, Hendo's just a fantastic leader and talisman
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What difference would he make? He doesn't score and he doesn't do assists.
    Jesus Christ. Is that all that’s involved in midfield play. Fucking hell. Maybe that’s how Southgate thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    There's a argument to be had we lost the league under Rodgers when Henderson was suffering the final few games.
    Winning the league is like completing a jigsaw it takes all the pieces to complete the picture. Not just 2 or 2 pieces.
    Rodgers played the same way all season, why do people think Henderson would have made a difference had he not been suspended. Conceding too many goals cost us the title, not Henderson bring suspended for 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Jesus Christ. Is that all that’s involved in midfield play. Fucking hell. Maybe that’s how Southgate thinks.
    Of course not, that's why Gerrard is a legend, he had everything including the ability to turn a game on its head, which we saw countless times

Rodgers played the same way all season, why do people think Henderson would have made a difference had he not been suspended. Conceding too many goals cost us the title, not Henderson bring suspended for 3 games.
    If only Rodgers had realised Hendo's potential and played a top quality No6 to organise the midfield and stop those goals going in and release Sturridge, Suarez and Sterling more instead of trying to swap him for Dempsey

Of course not, that's why Gerrard is a legend, he had everything including the ability to turn a game on its head, which we saw countless times
    Everything except the ability to inspire the other 10 players around him to raise their game to increasingly higher levels and keep delivering them, what's more powerful and wins more games, 11 players continually raising their levels and keeping delivering those levels, or just the one doing it?

It’s not a gerrard v Henderson conversation though. Completely different types of players and personalities IMO. Both have excelled. Gerrard the far naturally better player but Henderson has a steel developed through a difficult early career here that gives him a good edge too.

The slip cost is the title. Much as it hurts to say.