Page 84 of 248 FirstFirst ... 347477787980818283848586878889909194134184 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Agreed. He looks very confident.

Amazing result for the Welsh. I only caught the last 15 minutes. Did Williams have a good game?
    No, he got bummed by Cheisa loads of times and caught out of position by far post crosses coming to his side 3 or 4 times too, the lad needs a loan, desperately

Good old shop window Shaq, hopefully those 2 goals today will helps us move him along a bit quicker
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I would rather have Danny Ward back than Adrian.
    Or Gulacsi?

Or me?

Or even Karius FFS, at least he had the excuse of having concussion after being twatted by Ramos, Adrian has actually made several major errors, more of them than Karius (not Karius really, never ) but it does stand that Adrian has made more errors than Karius did, I can't believe we gave him a new contract, should bring Grabara back as both he and kelleher are home grown qualified and use them as our No2 and No3, not only is Adrian NOT a good keeper, he's a pure fucking waste of an international place in our squad
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Or me?
    Any good?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Any good?
    Do I need to be good to be better??

Give me 40k a week or so I'll be good enough! these hip's dont lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Do I need to be good to be better??

Give me 40k a week or so I'll be good enough! these hip's dont lie.
    Shite so.

Ward went for over £12 million to sit on the bench at Leicester - he is decent. Why didn’t we keep him?

um….?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Why didn’t we keep him?
    The boring answer is precisely because we got £12m for him - no idea who made the ultimate call, but presumably we felt the £12m was of more use to us than having him on the bench. Think of it this way - we got a third of the price of a Mane or a Salah for a player that can't break into Leicester's first team.

He's also 27 now I think, so he probably won't be developing all that much more anyway, as good as he is looking for Wales.

Also, if Leicester (who get good fees - sold a fridge for £80m after all) end up selling at any stage, we get 20% of that sale - so if he went for £20m from Leicester we end up with £16m for him total, as the £4m comes in to add to the £12m of our initial sale.

Selling him was a good call at the time. Only time will tell if Leicester fleeced us or not, but Schmeichel is still first-choice.

It has to be said that it looks good business (on paper) if he can't get a game for the Foxes - but to be fair to Ward - Kasper is decent and football isn't played on paper. Obviously someone at the club rates Adrian higher than many on here.