Page 85 of 248 FirstFirst ... 357578798081828384858687888990919295135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

Ward probably got sick of being overlooked in favour of Laurel and Hardy, I would be hacked off too, knowing I was better but not getting game time. He won't be long at Leicester, he will get snapped up and become first choice somewhere , he deserves it.

I thought Ward was decent in games whilst he was here.

It does look as though we made the right decision he has swapped our bench for Leicester bench.

The fact he hasnt nailed down a starting place proves it.

Kelleher is our number two keeper so hopefully Adrian doesnt get a game or maybe just plays in Caribo cup.

Gilmour has covid so will miss scotlands last game

How does one get covid, surely they're in a closed group while going around that get tested often?

Has he been out on the piss or something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Gilmour has covid so will miss scotlands last game

How does one get covid, surely they're in a closed group while going around that get tested often?

Has he been out on the piss or something ?
    Dodgy test. Saw something on Twitter where they did a covid test after a Coke and tested positive, then a Pepsi and tested negative. Tomatoes can test positive too.

Edited post.
    The life of a goalkeeper:
    On a historical note there was once a time, back in the 60s and 70s, when only one named sub was allowed (most often what was called a utility player who was kind of average in many positions).
    The goalie used to get a right battering in those days and if he got injured an outfield player would take the shirt.
    I can recall Emlyn Hughes taking on that duty.
    If you were the reserve team goalie you never really got a look-in unless the first team goalie got injured, and then you had to impress and seize the moment as per perhaps Ray Clemence.
    I don't know how many years Steve Ogrizovic spent with us (quite a lot I think) but although a great goalie himself was never going to usurp Ray.
    Probably made less than 10 appearances for us in all that time(stand to be corrected!)
    The idea of a backup goalie and now a third goalie is a relatively modern phenomenon
    It is a curious career.
    As a point of interest Man U named goalie Jimmy Rimmer as their only allowed sub in the 1968 European Cup Final.
    That seemed quite a high risk strategy unless Rimmer was also a capable outfielder (very much doubtful) or Alex Stepney's fitness was a real concern (don't know).
    Anyway, he was not needed, despite extra time needed, and the rest is history.
    Not a manc by the way but my schoolmate was!

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Edited post.
    The life of a goalkeeper:
    On a historical note there was once a time, back in the 60s and 70s, when only one named sub was allowed (most often what was called a utility player who was kind of average in many positions).
    The goalie used to get a right battering in those days and if he got injured an outfield player would take the shirt.
    I can recall Emlyn Hughes taking on that duty.
    If you were the reserve team goalie you never really got a look-in unless the first team goalie got injured, and then you had to impress and seize the moment as per perhaps Ray Clemence.
    I don't know how many years Steve Ogrizovic spent with us (quite a lot I think) but although a great goalie himself was never going to usurp Ray.
    Probably made less than 10 appearances for us in all that time(stand to be corrected!)
    The idea of a backup goalie and now a third goalie is a relatively modern phenomenon
    It is a curious career.
    As a point of interest Man U named goalie Jimmy Rimmer as their only allowed sub in the 1968 European Cup Final.
    That seemed quite a high risk strategy unless Rimmer was also a capable outfielder (very much doubtful) or Alex Stepney's fitness was a real concern (don't know).
    Anyway, he was not needed, despite extra time needed, and the rest is history.
    Not a manc by the way but my schoolmate was!
    This is a PS to my post.
    My old schoolmate says that Denis Law was missing for that match and in comes a young Brian Kidd which makes that decision to have Goalie Rimmer on the bench very bold indeed.
    He also says that you could never crock a player in that team.
    He still remembers so well that day and that team!

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Dodgy test. Saw something on Twitter where they did a covid test after a Coke and tested positive, then a Pepsi and tested negative. Tomatoes can test positive too.
    Do tomatoes have to quarantine?

England's Ben Chilwell and Mason Mount have to self-isolate after coming into close contact with Scotland's Billy Gilmour and will miss Tuesday's final Euro 2020 group game against the Czech Republic.

Pretty sure I saw Harry Kane and Raheem Sterling give him a hug too. We can but hope.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    England's Ben Chilwell and Mason Mount have to self-isolate after coming into close contact with Scotland's Billy Gilmour and will miss Tuesday's final Euro 2020 group game against the Czech Republic.

Pretty sure I saw Harry Kane and Raheem Sterling give him a hug too. We can but hope.
    Fucking madness tbh after negative tests, so stupid

at least hendo might get a start.

Also scottish are fine though? you're telling me gilmour hasn't been near any of the scottish team?

lolz
    Last edited by Kev0909; 21st June 2021 at 06:23 PM.

Were we not getting the best out of Wijnaldum or has he just got good?
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!