Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your England team v Germany

Your England team v Germany

Don't expect Southgate to do this, and mostly looking forward to laughing when they get put out on their arse through his ineptitude and that of the UK media and punditry who always end up picking the England team and talk a load of cliche ridden shite the vast majority of the time

Prickford

Walker Stones Maguire Shaw

Phillips Henderson Rice

Foden Kane Grealish

No Sterling for me, I know he's scored both the goals, but England need to press and Foden gets in the City side relegating Sterling to their b team because they have far more intensity when FOden plays because he presses relentlessly and he can also beat players with skill or a great first touch or though quality movement off the ball and Sterling can't do both those things. Grealish because I'm really warming to him, pressed with great intensity last time out, with Germany playing 2 wing backs seems a more ideal players to be found in the space between their midfield and defence with their wingback forward to run at their defence and for England to quickly have a 3v3 of Grealish, Kane and Foden, with Phillips quickly joining them.

Hendo at No6 and work to be out into the press in training, Southgate's got 6 days, and because he can play the balls in behind and switches for Grealish and Shaw and orchestrate the press a lot easier and better from there

Like to see a more fluid 3 in that midfield, Phillips and Hendo given license for one of them, mostly Phillips to go and join attacks with Rice always staying as he has very little to offer in his passing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Sterling has to play for me purely for his pace v hummels, that side is rather slow.

Come on the Germans !!!

This! 100 x this!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Come on the Germans !!!
    Englesi fans will be crying into their cans of Carling black label and sleeves of their Stone Island parkas.

Hopefully this will be the end of Southgate as a manager.

Cult status and a real hero - if they win... and Germany look barely capable of winning..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Cult status and a real hero - if they win... and Germany look barely capable of winning..
    Not to mention.... play ukraine or sweden next.. if do get past germany

Beat Germany and it's Semi Finals surely.

Wally with the brolly - talking to Gareth..

let's see if he has the man'acles....

Even if we get to the semis I think we have a easier draw than the other "side" of the competition

Quarter-finals

If England win their last-16 game...

Saturday July 3 - vs Sweden OR Ukraine; kick-off 8pm (Rome)
    Semi-finals

Wednesday July 7 - vs Netherlands/Czech Republic OR Wales/Denmark; kick-off 8pm (London)

avoiding (until final)

Well, if England progress that far, their opponents would be one of the following eight teams: Belgium, Portugal, Italy, Austria, France, Switzerland, Croatia and Spain.

Beat germany, I could honestly see us reaching the final, then losing of course.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 24th June 2021 at 02:37 PM.