Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your England team v Germany

If germany sort themselves out and play like they did v portugal, I see Germany v France/Italy final, with france winning.

I don't see that germany team as good as they use to be though.

Hummels is slow as fuck, and Rudiger is a better Luiz, has a mistake or 3 in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Sterling has to play for me purely for his pace v hummels, that side is rather slow.
    Any of the wide/inside forwards are comfortably quicker than Hummels
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Hopefully this will be the end of Southgate as a manager.
    England FA already confirmed him as manager for next years World Cup - so don't hold ur breath unless we get humped 4 or more 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Any of the wide/inside forwards are comfortably quicker than Hummels
    Yes.. but he's the only one that scores too lols

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Don't expect Southgate to do this, and mostly looking forward to laughing when they get put out on their arse through his ineptitude and that of the UK media and punditry who always end up picking the England team and talk a load of cliche ridden shite the vast majority of the time

Prickford

Walker Stones Maguire Shaw

Phillips Henderson Rice

Foden Kane Grealish

No Sterling for me, I know he's scored both the goals, but England need to press and Foden gets in the City side relegating Sterling to their b team because they have far more intensity when FOden plays because he presses relentlessly and he can also beat players with skill or a great first touch or though quality movement off the ball and Sterling can't do both those things. Grealish because I'm really warming to him, pressed with great intensity last time out, with Germany playing 2 wing backs seems a more ideal players to be found in the space between their midfield and defence with their wingback forward to run at their defence and for England to quickly have a 3v3 of Grealish, Kane and Foden, with Phillips quickly joining them.

Hendo at No6 and work to be out into the press in training, Southgate's got 6 days, and because he can play the balls in behind and switches for Grealish and Shaw and orchestrate the press a lot easier and better from there

Like to see a more fluid 3 in that midfield, Phillips and Hendo given license for one of them, mostly Phillips to go and join attacks with Rice always staying as he has very little to offer in his passing
    There's no chance Southgate the Bottler is not going to play Sterling. He'll revert to type - Foden, Mount, Rice and Philips will return and Trippier with Walker. He won't risk Grealish, Hendo, Bellingham, Sancho, Saka until we're on the back foot or losing. Southgate is not that brave.

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    England FA already confirmed him as manager for next years World Cup - so don't hold ur breath unless we get humped 4 or more 0.
    =(

he's been very lucky with how fixtures/draws have come since he's been manager, even v germany they're not at there best and beat them it's quite a "doable/easyish" run to the final....

And he'll be made out to be a national hero that should have a statue....

even world cup, we played average teams to go far as we did.

I've prefered to watch literally every other game apart from englands, much more of a good watch.

The English FA blazer boys love him - no risks, no scandal and does what he's told. He's built a side around Kane - who has had 1 shot on target and no goals but he can't drop him. One dimensional tactics - even Rashford is out of form and injured is apparently a 'B' plan - ridic.

Kane seems to work in the Premier league though…? Why is that do we think?

He definitely got a ton of decisions in Russia 2018 - maybe the officials have caught onto the - run into opposition player and dive routine? Woken up to the fact that Engerland players are extremely prone to the dive?

I don’t know what the reason is - perhaps he needs Son, is he fit? They have played nobody yet and he has done nowt. Dunno.

https://www.englandstats.com/player.php?pid=1207

When you look into it, not great is it really?

And look at the teams he's scored against, normally they're awful or in games that don't matter

big dry spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    https://www.englandstats.com/player.php?pid=1207

When you look into it, not great is it really?

And look at the teams he's scored against, normally they're awful or in games that don't matter

big dry spells.
    May be past his peak but ignore him at your peril. Still a top and very intelligent striker.