Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your England team v Germany

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Champagne football with Rice and Phillips in the middle. Gareth, its not likely mate.
    Reminds me of (different thread , and off topic) of BJ and levelling up.
    Nice idea, but when does the substance arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Reminds me of (different thread , and off topic) of BJ and levelling up.
    Nice idea, but when does the substance arrive?
    Its the last 16. I'd rather England be brave and go for it than be conservative. Germany are there for the taking if their group showings are anything to go off. Saying that they will probably think the same about England.
    Theres zero creativity with both Rice and Phillips. The latter had a good game agsinst Croatia but has done nothing since. Saka was easily the best player last game and should be starting I think.

Probably should play on the counter and hoof it to sterling and saka? whenever possible.

yep 5 defenders and saka and sterling

it was the rumoured team on twitter, this morning..

Rice and phillips over henderson?

what is that about seriously

saka had 1 good game, he actually got a chance, unlike the likes of sancho..

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Don't remember too many posts from you Daffyd in recent years but you have certainly upped them most recently.
    I quite like that! And your posts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I agree!
    Thanks guys, enjoy the match!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Champagne football with Rice and Phillips in the middle. Gareth, its not likely mate.
    I'm thinking the same.

Well, he defied all the critics and pundits, those same pundits are now lauding today's outing as a 'fantastic performance'. but in truth England barely strung 2 passes together, barely created anything apart from a couple of great chances Maguire should have buried from set pieces, the press wasn't very good at all, fair play on the result, it is a results based game, but will trying to be solid and give nothing away and hoping the quality players he has in the forward line will grab one of the rare chances England create when they regain possession in a good area and have suddenly have option to attack they can't release through possession be enough?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, he defied all the critics and pundits, those same pundits are now lauding today's outing as a 'fantastic performance'. but in truth England barely strung 2 passes together, barely created anything apart from a couple of great chances Maguire should have buried from set pieces, the press wasn't very good at all, fair play on the result, it is a results based game, but will trying to be solid and give nothing away and hoping the quality players he has in the forward line will grab one of the rare chances England create when they regain possession in a good area and have suddenly have option to attack they can't release through possession be enough?
    BBC studio swimming in jizz following today's game.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    England were awful in my opinion, I just think he should be trying to develop how England play with the players he has and specific plans for players with specific abilities to be able to consistently look to release and play other players in

I just don't think his tactics against the poorest Germany side I have seen in my lifetime today and in every other game I've seen including the warm ups, of trying to be solid, maybe nick a goal from a set piece or getting the ball in a good position to play someone in through an error from the opposition (rather than a forced error through good pressing) or getting the rub of the green and the ball falling kindly for a player to play another in will be enough and it's fucking dull as ditch water to watch

France bored their way to winning a World Cup, so maybe he can somehow pull it off, personally, I don't find watching England under Southgate remotely entertaining and the dearth of quality in their play given the players Southgate has at his disposal is mind numbingly depressing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Bestest team in history don-cha-know… Amazing tactical acumen- world class skill - we battered them into oblivion - could have been 10 nil…!

But but but… fellas - this Germany lost at home to North Macedonia just a few months ago…