Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your England team v Germany

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Spain, Italy, Belgium, Denmark, Ukraine, Czech Republic and Switzerland
    Don’t get me wrong. I don’t think they’ll win it. But the squad is on paper as strong as any left in the competition. I think Spain will win it though.

If he does win he'll be a shoe in at Old Trafford when Ole gets the boot !!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Spain, Italy, Belgium, Denmark, Ukraine, Czech Republic and Switzerland
    loooooooolz

Think ukraine could get battered tomorrow night if southgate wants to actually play positive football.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 2nd July 2021 at 05:40 PM.

Ukraine are extremely ordinary. They lost 2 out of 3 group games only just beating North Macedonia - somehow with 3 points. Then Sweden had to go down to ten men before they could get past them. Easy walk in the park for Engerland tomorrow...

And again in the Semi Final v the Danes or the Czechs... OOOOh shiver.. Then it's a final at Wemberleee and we know what happens there..

not forgetting they've been in extra-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Ukraine are extremely ordinary. They lost 2 out of 3 group games only just beating North Macedonia - somehow with 3 points. Then Sweden had to go down to ten men before they could get past them. Easy walk in the park for Engerland tomorrow...

And again in the Semi Final v the Danes or the Czechs... OOOOh shiver.. Then it's a final at Wemberleee and we know what happens there..
    Would you put much on them to win it from here?

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Would you put much on them to win it from here?
    I would not bet on or against anyone in this amazing footfest
    People may not like the format but it has been the best international tournament for me since 1986

I noted our know nothing media threw the kitchen sink at trying to back themselves for effectively getting Kane handed the England armband, bigging him up as a great and inspirational leader, he shows absolutely zero ZERO leadership or inspiration on the pitch and he's been absolutely dogshite in this tournament, although in fairness to him that is because of how Southgate has been setting up and using him he's not a no9 at the top of a 4321 expected to be the player making the runs in behind type player and Southgate not having the 2 inside/wide forward making runs in behind to make the space kane likes to play in, in the hole bigger really hasn't helped him either
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I would not bet on or against anyone in this amazing footfest
    People may not like the format but it has been the best international tournament for me since 1986
    Why do you think its been so great? Personally don't think there's been that many good games. Italia 90, USA 94, Euro 96, South Korea 02 were all great tournaments. Last world cup was great too but probably just because Englesi got to the semis.

Italian 90 was great - we were decent - a team I could get behind ( Barnes one of my heroes ) and those swine Krauts got in the way.

I was 17 - started driving up to central London to Laceys night club - amazing summer until we got stopped by the po-leese - me driving my mates mums car on a provisional licence. - hahaa claiming I didn’t know It was against the law..

Then at the station finding out the officer filing the report had been a pupil of my mums..

What a time… just an old git now.