Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ibrahima Konaté

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That's the joke with the filthy and how the press hype any player they sign well in excess of their ability, we have 3 CBs who are miles better than any of theirs
    All our CBS are better than him he is a cart horse.

Neville making excuses for him saying he wasn’t fit last few games then sits there defending Ole.

I don’t want Conte he isn’t the right fit yep that is music to my ears Ole must stay it is like us having Woy for 3 seasons !

He has also outspent every manager since he took charge it’s clear where the issues are.

I was concerned about him starting today, I needn’t have been, he was outstanding. Looked like it was his 50th game.

Balls of steel Miller - Second game - In for Matip who has been imperious - Away at Old Toilet and brilliant

Jurgen's bedding him in very nicely, giving him time in training and to watch games and how our best 2 Cbs other than him play together, knowing full well that Konate has all the best attributes of both of them, incredibly similar attributes to Matip in how he likes to play - I've watched him loads, he's always played like Matip, always done the same things, but he has got better passing and pace than Matip, he's got better overall passing than Virgil, so having had time to watch our best 2 play and train with the lads and settle in, it was no surprise to me that he just slotted in like he's always played there

I'm very hopeful also that the rotation and resting of our CBs to a degree is Jurgen doing what I had hoped he would do after signing Konate as we'd have 3 with the quality to do that, so we'd always have 3 top Cbs fit at any time
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Very brave of the boss to start him in such a massive game, but as we’re starting to appreciate, he kind of knows what he’s doing!

Excellent game for Konate. Jota also did well in place of Mané.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Very brave of the boss to start him in such a massive game, but as we’re starting to appreciate, he kind of knows what he’s doing!

Excellent game for Konate. Jota also did well in place of Mané.
    Never had any doubts about Konate, having seen how Jurgen likes our RCB to operate over several seasons, it was pretty clear to me that Konate had all the attributes and abilities in abundance Jurgen looks for in a CB

I bet Tuchel would absolutely love to have our 3 best CBs as his 3 at the back

Solid, quick, and effective alongside vvd

Gomez being English and young should fetch a good price.

Would rather keep Nat and sell him. To fund a class Midfielder or striker.

Well, Sid and I did tell you guys

Scoring at a strikers rate at the moment.. Long may it continue.. Looks a smashing player with a great attitude
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

He's a big fucking unit, isn't he.