Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Newcastle

Your team v Newcastle

........................Alisson

Trent......Matip.....Van Dijk....Robertson

.......................Fabinho

............Henderson........Thiago

.........Salah........Mane.........Diaz
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Jota and Mane interchanging against their back 3, the Trent, Hendo and Mo combo has been exceptional this season at manipulating the space and opening the channels to allow Trent to cross for Jota and Mane

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Tsimikas

Henderson Fabinho Thiago

Salah Jota Mane

I expect our lads to administer a thorough, hard, deep penetrating bumming, get the win and another absolutely VITAL 3 points to move top of the table and to stay there as City slip up then fall away
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

…………….Alisson…………
    TAA …..Matip…..VVD…..Tsimi
    ……Keita….. Fab…..Thiago
    …..Mané…..Jota….. Diaz

This is a fixture that concerns me... we have zero time to recover..if we can get away with a win. id be seriously happy
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    This is a fixture that concerns me... we have zero time to recover..if we can get away with a win. id be seriously happy
    The rest/recovery situation does give it some Banana-skin potential.

However, as well as they are doing on paper (won 4 in a row) they aren't getting massive scores, Norwich aside. It's been a 2-1 and two 1-0 jobs.

You'd back us to score. You'd back us to concede "only" one goal or keep a clean sheet. Hopefully we can manage the rest/rotation side of things properly. Howe likes to try and play expansive stuff and they'll be at Home so we should get spaces, which probably suits us more than two banks of four.

An early goal would be Boss. With the stakes so high and with so much experience and will to win in our camp, we should - SHOULD - get over the line without too much fuss. Then can hopefully rotate a couple of lads (but nothing silly) for Villareal.

Seeing their heavy involvement in both our goals tonight and in how many they've been involved in this season, I trust the Trent Hendo Mo combo to create the situations for Trent, Hendo or Mo to cross for Jota or Mane to score or to play either through to score

Worth noting that Newcastle have been done a few times with a short to medium up and down ball for centre mid played over their defence to a runner off the back of Byrne too

Newcastle do also try and play/counter through the centre a fair bit at times too, so Fab will be important

Wonder if Howe will try and go for it being at home, they've been playing 433 of late, but when they play bigger sides 541 or 451 in a few games, I expect our lads to administer them a bumming whatever his set up to be fair

Yep, this is the one that worries me. Recovery time is going to be an issue but we can't afford to rest too many. Think I'd be more tempted to rest one or two v Vilarreal

Allison
    Gomez
    Matip
    VVD
    Robbo
    Keita
    Hendo
    Thiago
    Jota
    Mane
    Salah

Then

Allison
    TTA
    Konate
    VvD
    Tsimi
    Keita
    Fab
    Milner
    Jota
    Mane
    Diaz

It will be a tough game because of they are on a good run and have a lot of confidence and belief right now, a lot of people talking about them flying at home, but when you look at the fixtures, it's narrow wins by the odd goal against sides at or below their level, or who have been woefully inconsistent all season, the only 2 teams they've played in their run of better form who were on their own run of good form since December/January are our lads, City and Spurs and they got hammered 3-1(a) 4-0(h) and 5-1(a)

Big game today.. got a nasty feeling we may slip up.. Sky and BT have conspired to try and stop us.
    So lets not slip up and get a huge win.. Hopefully in the remaining games Man-city will drop a point or 3.
    Cant stand smarmy Pep. Money man thats all he is.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century