Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ibrahima Konaté

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    He's a big lad and reportedly quite quick so hopefully he can settle early
    Could be good company for Billy the Kid (still only 18) and someone to help progress him.
    Both big french CB lads!

We should sign Yoann Maestri ( far left) - he is French, really huge and pretty quick too. He'd call our big Virgil 'titch'....

We could Scare the livin-shyte outta the oppo... Go 'ed lah - I double dare you... Just try it..

Last edited by Steveo; 1st July 2021 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We should sign Yoann Maestri ( far left) - he is French, really huge and pretty quick too. He'd call our big Virgil 'titch'....

We could Scare the livin-shyte outta the oppo... Go 'ed lah - I double dare you... Just try it..

Do you mean that french rugby guy?

Konate is very strong. Very quick. Can dribble. Likes a short pass to full-back or midfielder. Happy to dribble and is good at it.

If you could say he needed work anywhere, you'd say he isn't anything like as press-proof as someone like Wijnaldum and there will be the odd time someone nicks a ball off him and gets through, but we'll cope. He also doesn't have a brilliant long pass on him, so you won't see many of the sort of 40-yard balls that Van Dijk is capable of. Lastly he does have the occasional rash tackle, but you definitely couldn't say he was "bad" at tackling as he is really tremendous at it, just occasionally does it when it isn't needed / gives a silly one away - a Lucas-ish trait if you will.

If I had to put my neck out I'd say he'll become a better pairing than Gomez (for Van Dijk) within 12-18 months and will become better than peak-Matip in 18-36 months but won't reach peak-VVD levels, which would be a ridiculous standard to hold him too anyway.

Most of his injuries have been niggles so fingers crossed we get to the bottom of those.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Do you mean that french rugby guy?
    Yes - he's a man mountain..

@ Sid Konate does sound good no argument - just a little wary of players from Red Bull. probably just paranoia.

Jeez we’re signing him as well are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Naughty CC

It was a perfect repost to anyone trying to credit the owners after their “help” leading into and during a title defence.

You could always dig out the belter it was in reply to…. But then…. that would reveal the truth.
    You can dig out whatever posts you like and post away.

I just used that section to show what you had said about Konate, not a senior and certainly not for France.

Tbh think that section i posted displays the context.

If you've ever seen Konate play, which I have numerous times over full 90 minutes, he has absolutely everything Jurgen wants in his defenders, he is better than Virgil in some aspects of his game, passing, driving the ball forward and stepping into midfield to nick the ball off forwards trying to play off the CBs and between them and the midfield being the 3
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Let's wait until he plays for us eh lads, and hopefully doesn't get injured in his first game.

I'd imagine Konate will be held back in reserve for a few months like Ben Davies.