Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ibrahima Konaté

Konate's a beast of a player, he has absolutely every single element Jurgen looks for in a CB, EVERY single one, and because he was developed also playing at RB in some games he has excellent crossfield switches, long diagonals, balls over the top straight down the line or angled and through balls on the deck that take out 4 or 5 opposition players Thiago style Mo and Trent will thrive on in his locker, he played an absolutely peach of one of those in the Euor U21's to release Ikone, from RCB, just saw the run and drillied it on the deck, with back spin using that stabbing technique I always go on about to generate it, so it whizzes past several players before the backspin slows it up, taking 5 opposition players out of the game in the process
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I seen a few pictures of him in pre season,He's a big lad isn't he. If he plays as good as he looks we've got ourselves a big player.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I seen a few pictures of him in pre season,He's a big lad isn't he. If he plays as good as he looks we've got ourselves a big player.
    Klopp has to get it right, VVD needs a regular partner. We thought it would be Kabak but I don't think it's happening now. Can't keep chopping and changing like he did last season. He did that too many times when there was no need to.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Klopp has to get it right, VVD needs a regular partner. We thought it would be Kabak but I don't think it's happening now. Can't keep chopping and changing like he did last season. He did that too many times when there was no need to.
    Kabak would be a nice back up alongside Phillips. Buy him and loan him out I say. 12.5m isn’t a bad price at all for a young CB with potential

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    That's the difference with us and City. They just go out and buy 2 expensive players for 1 position and if they don't work out,then they go again. Jurgen only gets one chance just look at Minamino . He's got shit for his signing and in today's game his price tag was peanuts for a top club.
    Fingers and everything else crossed Konate, Virgil, Gomez get a injury free season. I'll not include Matip in there as he can't play 3 games in a row without getting injured.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    And some say size doesn’t matter

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Kabak would be a nice back up alongside Phillips. Buy him and loan him out I say. 12.5m isn’t a bad price at all for a young CB with potential
    Oh come on, it is for us!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Van Dijk
    Matip
    Konate
    Gomez
    Phillips
    Davies
    R. Williams

Kabak is undeniably excellent value at his current price, but we have 7 centre-backs, one of whom is a youngster who'll qualify as homegrown in the future and needs developing.

If Phillips and/or Davies weren't in the picture I think we'd be all over it, but an eigth centre-back seems like overkill.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Van Dijk
    Matip
    Konate
    Gomez
    Phillips
    Davies
    R. Williams

Kabak is undeniably excellent value at his current price, but we have 7 centre-backs, one of whom is a youngster who'll qualify as homegrown in the future and needs developing.

If Phillips and/or Davies weren't in the picture I think we'd be all over it, but an eigth centre-back seems like overkill.
    Under normal circumstances 4 CBs would be enough, can't see us being that unlucky with injuries again where we have to play midfield players there.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Van Dijk
    Matip
    Konate
    Gomez
    Phillips
    Davies
    R. Williams

I think with Kabak we could potentially not worry about Davies (not sure Klopp wants him or rates him), Gomez & Matip are injury prone. Fingers crossed VVD comes back free on niggles etc. I'd take a punt on Kabak and sell Phillips and Davies
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"