Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your England team v Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Brilliant. Love reading stuff like this.
    Thank you Redebreck!

I'd like to see Hendo but if this was a LFC team no one would be advocating a change in the line-up. I don't see Southgate changing much with this winning team... Sancho/Grealish/Foden/Saka seems to be the one variable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, not what I expect Southgate will do, based on what I believe and in part what I think Southgate will do, as in play the 4231 but Mount drops into make a 3 when needed anyway

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire Shaw

Mount Henderson Phillips

Sancho Kane Sterling

The stakes are getting increasingly higher, Hendo's approaching full fitness, I'd say he's probably half a yard further off players in his press positioning than we're used to right now, but even with that he's closer to the player, in the right place than either Rice or Phillips have been so far and those 2 have relied on being fitter and covering and making up more ground to get to players.

I say the stakes are getting increasingly higher, because England haven't played another really top team in the competition yet, and if they are successful against Denmark as they should be and I expect them to be, I just don't believe that Phillips Rice pairing has enough quality with the ball and massive game experience and management ability that Henderson brings, so for me the Denmark game is definitely the one to now start Hendo in, because he will need those balls in behind and first time balls knocked to one of our players in a great position in his pressing and counter pressing we see every week and Hendo showed tonight.

In half an hour tonight, Hendo showed just how much higher his level of ability is above Phillips and Rice, nearly a third goal for Kane from the second ball from one of Hendo's trademark balls over the top neither of the others can play, nearly an assits for Sancho from another, lots of just nicking it in front of a player and knocking it first time to one of the England players in a great position where Rice and Phillips always take a touch before looking to pass it and a goal. more than either Rice or Phillips have produced in 6 games in 30 minutes

Now is the time for Southgate to ramp it up, work with the 2 inside/wide forwards on making those run in behind immediately when they see the ball is going to Hendo in time and space in the positions he plays them from (Rashford never made one of those runs after he was introduced, despite Hendo looking for them) and Mount, Kane and the other forward it's not been played to looking to quickly get into great positions for the second ball immediately after Hendo's played the ball for either inside/wide forward

I think it is vitally important now, as although we may not especially need that for the Denmark game, if we progress as we should, we will absolutely need that extra quality and those balls in behind and to win the second balls if we face italy or Spain in the final
    Hold on, your tactics would suggest that you want England to beat Denmark?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Thank you Redebreck!
    Get up and glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Get up and glow.

Sellafield?

That’s where they make it..

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Hold on, your tactics would suggest that you want England to beat Denmark?
    I guess I do, mostly for Hendo to be honest, as it means a lot to him, even though were I to be miraculously reborn as the best footballer who ever walked the planet, I would never in a million years represent England, it would be absolutely impossible for me to represent this cunt of a country with its cunt politics and ever decreasing morals, values, decency and humanity, and I couldn't represent the English FA either through the corruptness I've witnessed from them, the referees association and the Premier League over the last few decades
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Still think should England get past Denmark Italy's midfield, forwards, press and established system of play will likely bum them, as Spain showed tonight, but for their profligacy in their finishing, the way to expose Italy is through your forward dropping off their 2 CBs and your team looking to release your wide/inside forwards and/or one of your full backs and Southgate doesn't play like that, despite it being the best use of the players he has

They could possibly still fluke it by getting a scabby early goal and the ref being a real homer, but some refs go the opposite way and give everything to the away side through their determination not to be seen to be swayed by the crowd and favouring the home side
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I guess I do, mostly for Hendo to be honest, as it means a lot to him, even though were I to be miraculously reborn as the best footballer who ever walked the planet, I would never in a million years represent England, it would be absolutely impossible for me to represent this cunt of a country with its cunt politics and ever decreasing morals, values, decency and humanity, and I couldn't represent the English FA either through the corruptness I've witnessed from them, the referees association and the Premier League over the last few decades
    That's more like it!
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"