Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drawing a Foul

My boy was asking me how it was wrong — “how can it be wrong dad - he got the free kick/penalty - he did touch him.

I just asked him. “Do you think he is genuinely being fouled”..? “ Well no but he made it look like it.” Was the reply…!!! Grrr

Then Lee Dixon says “that is where Kane is so brilliant at winning free kicks”..

What can you say to a young lad.. ? That was what got me most. He is 11 and he has bought into this cheating as though it’s the game.

Agree Steveo, the act is bad enough but people’s acceptance and even admiration of cheating is truly awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    My boy was asking me how it was wrong — “how can it be wrong dad - he got the free kick/penalty - he did touch him.

I just asked him. “Do you think he is genuinely being fouled”..? “ Well no but he made it look like it.” Was the reply…!!! Grrr

Then Lee Dixon says “that is where Kane is so brilliant at winning free kicks”..

What can you say to a young lad.. ? That was what got me most. He is 11 and he has bought into this cheating as though it’s the game.
    I'd be interested to know what professional youth coaches train of though is on it.

What these England lads do isn't drawing a foul, it is throwing themselves to ground at the very slightest touch to try and cheat

Drawing a foul is what Brazilian Ronaldo used to do, show the defender the ball, as he went to try and nick it, move it to his other foot and he got a proper whack most of the time doing it, that was actually plenty enough to go down for and have a foul given
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”