Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Italy team v England

I would like Italy to win this purely because Boris will seize an England victory as a victory for himself and his bozos and leave Starmer even further in that rear view mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I still think that will be the plan. Allow Italy a lot of possession but little penetration and hit them fast and hard on the break.
    Agree with your thoughts on Chiesa but if he comes here someone goes like Mo or Sadio or Firmino.
    I think the salient point is if Italy do set up and press England like that, there's a back seven including Prickford who all have mistakes in them when put under such pressure, especially through a press, no ability at keeping and using the ball in tight areas and crucially, not one of them can play a quality longer ball forward to release Sterling or Sancho and Italy pressing like that will block the lines for any ball to Kane or to feet, they can effectively have Jorginho sitting in front of Kane to stop service coming to him and push both full backs aggressively onto Sterling and Sancho and follow them if they wander in field
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I would like Italy to win this purely because Boris will seize an England victory as a victory for himself and his bozos and leave Starmer even further in that rear view mirror.
    Starmer is no different to them anyway my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Starmer is no different to them anyway my friend
    Agreed my friend. Angela Rayner has more balls IMO.

When Spain won the Euros in 2008 they had Raphael Nadal in the Wimbledon final also, this year, for the first time I believe, Italy have Matteo Berrettini in the Wimbledon mens final The omens are stacking up

What price the ultimate karma happening just for Sid and Prickford getting sent off for taking out Chiesa or Insigne like he took out Virgil as England crumble under the Italian press with no Riley appointed Mancs in the VAR room to let him off the hook

The Dutch ref appointed is absolutely not a homer either, nor does he fall for all the diving and players throwing themselves to ground

When Spain won the Euros in 2008 they had Raphael Nadal in the Wimbledon final also, this year, for the first time I believe, Italy have Matteo Berrettini in the Wimbledon mens final The omens are stacking up

What price the ultimate karma happening just for Sid and Prickford getting sent off for taking out Chiesa or Insigne like he took out Virgil as England crumble under the Italian press with no Riley appointed Mancs in the VAR room to let him off the hook

The Dutch ref appointed is absolutely not a homer either, nor does he fall for all the diving and players throwing themselves to ground
    Will there be a decent Italian support allowed into the ground tomorrow?

I wonder what odds you'd get on an Italy win with Chiesa to score first? Well worth a bet I'd say

I wonder what odds you'd get on an Italy win with Chiesa to score first? Well worth a bet I'd say
    Last time I looked
    Italy to win 21/20
    Chiesa to score first 13/1

It's going to Rome,
    it's going to Rome,
    it's going,
    football's going to Rome!

Will there be a decent Italian support allowed into the ground tomorrow?
    7000 Italian fans allowed apparently