Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91213141516171819

Thread: 2021/22 Pre Season

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    True - unless we take a leaf out of Fergie’s book.. “Robbo plays a blinder (after coming back from injury) against Chelsea but gets withdrawn on 85 mins due to a twinge with the reds 3 goals ahead.
    You are spot on.

Our fans can say what they like about him he knew how to play the game with players/media and ALWAYS did what was best for United first.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Having become accustomed to us evolving towards a more possession-based team, it's been really interesting to see the press come back with a vengeance.

Are we going to be seeing some 17/18 style footie this season? As it sure looks it.
    Jurgen's realised, that our being THE biggest pain in the arse, bastard to play side by doing what we did better than any side in world football has ever done in 2018-2020 is the best and most entertaining way to be successful

When Robbo's back we can field a back four who are all good defensively and who any single one of can play one of our forwards in, or release a player to play them in Robbo Virgil Konate Trent

Midfield Hendo and Thiago can both release the full backs on inside forwards from deep

We're also very good at keeping the ball and managing the game and releasing a full back or inside forward with a sudden back or centre to front ball or switch to grab another goal

I'm glad Jurgen's decided that our being THE biggest pain in the arse, nightmare to play against side is the best way to go, we've got six players out of our 7 in our defence and midfield that can release one of the forwards to score or one of the full backs to assist them out of nowhere in the blink of an eye, that's absolutely priceless

Still need another CM and forward though and to shift Shaq, Origi and a couple of others
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”