Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2021/22 Pre Season

Been a really good pre season workout

Virgil got 70 minutes. Matip looked the sharper of the two

Harvey Elliott now playing wide right forward, turns his defender inside out and crashes a shot against the corner of the post and bar.
    He’ll be staying at Anfield this season, no loaning him out. Been excellent

F/T
    Liverpool 1-1 Bilbao

Very competitive energetic pre season workout. They will have much more from that that cruising to a 4 or 5-0 against undercooked opposition.
    The negatives are all of a defensive element. Robbo’s injury does not look good. He could be out for months.
    The defensive performance was pretty poor to be honest. Bilbao made several clear chances, it will be a while before Virgil is anywhere near his best.
    Matip looked ok, should start next week, so I imagine it will be between Konate and Gomez, if the latter is ready fitness wise.

Milner had an excellent 90 minutes at 6 and the front 3 looked very sharp and in tune with each other.

Man of the match was Harvey Elliott, absolutely outstanding both in midfield and when he moved further forward to wide right in the front 3. I very much doubt he will be going anywhere this season, looked very at home in a strong starting 11.

We should get a goal or two next week but I worry about our back four, which will be missing Robbo and has 3 CB’s coming back from long lay offs.

Pretty much agree with everything there, Miller, I thought Beck did not bad at left back, don't think he would be a worse option than Tsimikas. Depends if Virg is alongside him to help him through a bit.
    Don't think Thiago or Henderson will start tomorrow, just get a few minutes second half. So will they start against Norwich? I doubt it. Maybe Fabinho and Milner in midfield and personally i would put Harvey Elliot in ahead of Naby Keita, although they are different types of players

I thought Beck was to blame a bit for their goal. he got dragged to far into the middle
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I thought Beck was to blame a bit for their goal. he got dragged to far into the middle
    Yes I thought the same, but I think the whole back line seemed out of position. Tsimikas also was kind of to blame for conceding a stupid free kick on the edge of the box which led to us conceding in one of the other preseason games. Maybe Gomez can play there. Milner looked full of energy and organisation today, so would be reluctant to shift him out there, although you know he could do the job, and in fact links up well with Mane.

[QUOTE=justme;2713302]I thought Beck was to blame a bit for their goal. he got dragged to far into the middle[/

Agree but he certainly has something, speed confidence and seems quite strong for his build, seems to see a long defence breaking pass as well.
    Note this post does not count to my cumulative total��

Any update on Robbo ?

And why does huyrob have a limit on his number of posts? Seems a bit needless.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Any update on Robbo ?

And why does huyrob have a limit on his number of posts? Seems a bit needless.
    Saw a video of it in super slow mo. It’s hard to see how he could have avoided some significant damage the way it rolls. Nearly goes 360 and back to where it started. So unlucky. The ball hits his foot after the guy tries to cross it and moves his foot into a compromised position at the instant before he plants it with his full weight coming behind it.