Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2021/22 Pre Season

Superb goal Firmino great move.

These arent much good they seem to want to kick us off the park

Wow. This is mainly a second 11.

Woodburn (on for Jones) first time ball down the left wing to Minamino who crosses an inch perfect ball into Firmino who coolly takes it down and finishes with his second touch.

Liverpool 3-0 Osassuna

After I've been slating Tsimikas all week he goes and gives the best performance I've seen of him in a Liverpool shirt.
    Fabinho just a beast.
    What an all round great team display first half.
    Konate and Gomez looking very good too.
    Bobby..is he back?

How often do you see lacklustre performances from players when given the opportunity to show what they can do?

Not tonight, that was an excellent effort from all 12. No one had a bad half, everyone played their part. Gomez looked good, played with confidence and didn’t put a foot wrong. Tsimikas does still have a mistake in him at the back but going forward he looks an excellent alternative to Robbo.
    Ox looked as fit as …well an Ox, really energetic, driving forward at every opportunity. Had one excellent effort from the edge of the box well saved by the keeper.
    Bobby looked sharp, scored two and looked fit. Minamino looked stronger in possession, made some excellent runs and took his goal well.
    Young Kade Gordon got involved, making several good runs down the right.

Only a pre season friendly but the reds had a fantastic half.

H/T
    Liverpool 3-0 Osassuna

That was a really really encouraging performance. Every player looked absolutely on it. Clarkson has a huge future ahead of him based on that tonight. Tmiskas and minamino both excellent. Ox looks absolutely primed for the start of the week. Tbh that team played with the sort of quality missing from yesterday’s performance. Great watch.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Then what was the point of signing the Greek?

We have cover for every position (albeit varying degrees of quality). You cant legislate for a crisis in a specific position like last season.

I'm sure that if the greek lad went down next month and we have no senior LBs, 80% of the fanbase would piss and moan about not signing a new leftback! How many do we need in a single position?
    Thank you my dude.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Then what was the point of signing the Greek?

We have cover for every position (albeit varying degrees of quality). You cant legislate for a crisis in a specific position like last season.

I'm sure that if the greek lad went down next month and we have no senior LBs, 80% of the fanbase would piss and moan about not signing a new leftback! How many do we need in a single position?
    Maybe we’d sign 2 at the last minute then not play them and move one of the first choice midfielders back.

I think Jurgen has the lads ready for Norwich, they all look up to speed. I'll be happy with the Scouse Greek at left back, he looks very capable of filling in for Robbo and maybe the Ox coming into midfield. No point rushing Virgil, Gomez,Henderson and Thiago, there'll be plenty of time for them.

Two very good workouts for the entire squad. Tonight’s performance was absolutely outstanding. Full of energy and quality throughout.
    If Minamino can take that performance into the Premier League, he may still have a future with the club.
    We have some excellent prospects coming through, not just one or two either, several look to have a real chance.
    Brief mention for Kelleher, not a foot wrong all night.

I had to go out earlier so missed the game. I take it we played half decent?. Now bring on Saturday need a good start thats for sure.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century