Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst 12345678910111454 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Klopp does make ya laugh. Re-watching the press conference he refered to Billy Gilmour Scottish biggest talent in 50 years.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Look fellas - big signings like Virgil and Alisson only get you so far.

And what was that again.. oh yes

Jokes aside - great to tie Virgil down to an extended contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I’m looking forward to seeing the mighty reds playing great football in a packed stadium this season..

Does that count?
    100%. Can’t wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And the above is just a very eloquent post which absolutely sums up the reality - at least as I see it.

Great post CD
    Yep exactly how I see it

Taking chances ,once again.

we must have the worst bench easily in the top 4- maybe 6?

There's "smaller" teams that have better options.

Maybe the plan is this summer, extend contract on key players, and get new players in next year, with some leaving.

I'll be surprised if the players returning from big injury's are 100%.. it'll probably take a while
    Last edited by Kev0909; 13th August 2021 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Yep exactly how I see it

Taking chances ,once again.

we must have the worst bench easily in the top 4- maybe 6?

There's "smaller" teams that have better options.
    Name a smaller team who has a better bench than us when all are fit.

Our bench Kelleher Gomez Konate Ox Keita Tsimikas Jota Origi Jones/Elliott.

Its obvious City/Chelsea will do as they have endless funds and United well that is up for debate.

No chance do Spurs Arsenal or Leicester have a better bench.

I do think we could do with a signing or two but its not happening until we can shift 2 foreign players to create space.

I forgot to add Milner who is a good sub/squad player.

Shaqiri is also still here but likely off.

Who's going to come on and change the game? we saw it plenty of times last season, fuck all.

Only player is jota, and that's if he gets back to form he was before injury, and it wasn't just a honeymoon period.

Origi?? fuck me, when was the last time he did anything? he comes on and looks as arsed as I am at work, difference is i'm not playing for a top club with huge wages.

If jota gets that form back, he should be ahead of firmino, anyway, and he's not going to change the game off the bench, more likely crouch would (firmino that is)

Although at least the CB position is solid, that's about it in terms of good depth, maybe midfield depending on injury's but wij is a huge loss when half of them spend the season injured, I don't see a couple of players suddenly changing and being reliable, and 7/10 constantly. Jones isn't good enough yet, hopefully he will be, Milner isn't a spring chicken anymore, Keita and Ox are always injured and frankly I don't think they're good enough to be in a challenging squad, even henderson gets injured more often now...

Remember a lot of people saying we need to freshen up a little, have another option etc, yeah suppose we can throw konate up front, or phillips as a target man, probably get more goals than firmino.

If elliot kicks on like we really need him to, then that's another option but it's too soon to put everything on him, harry wilson looks good in the championship, albeit alot older.

I should rephrase, other teams have players, that can actually make more of a impact than our bench.

I of course, hope i'm wrong afterall, I want us to do the best we can, but.... yeah
    Last edited by Kev0909; 13th August 2021 at 03:28 PM.

Count on average week on week the total no. of senior goals across our bench and i guess it'll be at best 6th highest of the 20 PL clubs. Im giving FSG a little leeway in that there will have been £200-300M spent in the ground in past few yrs once AR is finished but after that there's no excuse not to be buying out of the top tier of proven players year on year. Unless of course the academy kids all turn out to be worldies ��

Like I said who comes off the bench of Spurs and Arsenal to change games ?

That isnt what you said you said we have a weaker bench than smaller teams we clearly dont.

Origi isnt that bad he is probably half arsed as he got 5-10 mins here and there not exactly his fault.

I agree one more attacker and midfielder in place of Shaq/Origi then we are fairly strong but as I said we need to create space for them and as you can see its not a sellers market.

We arent buying two and keeping Origi/Shaq to not be registered paying them say £140k a week to do nowt.