Page 6 of 99 FirstFirst 123456789101112131656 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

@sid, it’s not a dismissal at all. This was a couple of seasons ago when we won the league and three seasons when we won the champions league. Let’s stop living in the past.

It’s great news that we’ve tied down players and extended their contracts, but that isn’t enough to appease fans.

Every successful team builds on success. Chelsea, city and United have all improved their squads despite easing to a premier league win, crushing to a champions league win and their investments isn’t done yet.

You enjoy your journey on the optimism train. I’m hoping for a good run, some decent football, and the hope we make top four and a semi final place in the CL.

If we lost 7 games in a row Insidious 3 seconds after every loss he would open a thread on whos in the next team for the next game.
    Jugern cant be really happy with lack of transfer activity.
    Last edited by justme; 13th August 2021 at 06:44 PM.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    @sid, it’s not a dismissal at all. This was a couple of seasons ago when we won the league and three seasons when we won the champions league. Let’s stop living in the past.

It’s great news that we’ve tied down players and extended their contracts, but that isn’t enough to appease fans.

Every successful team builds on success. Chelsea, city and United have all improved their squads despite easing to a premier league win, crushing to a champions league win and their investments isn’t done yet.

You enjoy your journey on the optimism train. I’m hoping for a good run, some decent football, and the hope we make top four and a semi final place in the CL.
    It's a sad reality we're back to hopefully making 4th spot...

Oh well was good while it lasted, but you can't do what FSG are doing and somehow build on sucess, klopp isn't a complete miracle worker.

But it seems the liverpool way- yanks that don't spend hardly anything, but it's ok because it's not oil money.. pfff

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    If we lost 7 games in a row Insidious 3 seconds after every loss he would open a thread on whos in the next team for the next game.

............so?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

............so?
    I think it’s a clever tactic to keep the mind off the loss.

Keep doing it Sid please

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    I think it’s a clever tactic to keep the mind off the loss.

Keep doing it Sid please
    Motivation appreciated.

Was going to anyway. Very much an OCD "tick" now and doesn't stop people from ignoring it while they choose to praise/berate the result in the match thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Now that’s going too far Taksin.

We know you - and your new Bessie - real or imagined - come out to play the minute the owners are questioned…but seriously… This Uturn is too much…very harsh indeed.
    Yes I must learn to keep things in perspective. I'm not very god at that - I could really learn from my fellow forumites on that front..

Let's see - what is the reality of it again.. it's not that we should have spent £100 million on Lukaku to replace Mané or Salah. We're not saying that are we.. What we're saying is if only the yanks would flash some cash so we could spend £100 million on Lukaku to have him sitting on the bench. Then Klopp would be supported. That's the received wisdom. I should get my head straight by the time we have our first score draw this season otherwise I am going to look like a fool. Must be ready to criticise recruitment the moment anything goes wrong.
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Think the negativity is going too far for me.
    I would like to see us bring in a young midfielder and striker with genuine potential plenty of talent. We don’t really need to improve on the first 11 and are well covered at Keeper and in defence.
    We have easily the best four CB’s in the league, no one has a better back up keeper than Kelleher, a Greek international back up LB plus Milner with a Welsh international to cover at RB, plus Gomez and Milner.

Elliott looks to have a very bright future in Midfield but I’d still like a young creative mid to come in. while up front, Jota and Bobby will probably share a starting berth but I really would like a pacy young wide man with an eye for goal to come in

But I’m not desperate. Despite being absolutely decimated by injuries last season, we have accrued the equal highest points with City over the last three years, while winning everything we wanted to in a 12 month period.

Too much looking over the fence thinking the grass is greener because they’ve spent a fortune. We are going to challenge on all fronts this season, with or without new signings. I don’t understand why there is so much deep pessimism

I think it’s because most of us know the squad depth is piss poor. With the exception of Jota (when he wasn’t injured) was there anyone on last seasons bench that you could say would change a game or even impact a game. Maybe Shaq

A young talented striker and attack minded midfielder as I said would help squad depth but we have enough keepers and defenders. Even the midfield is pretty well stacked. We are not as short as many are suggesting.